PDA

View Full Version : VM paint transfer?

T. Perinne
01-12-2005, 12:42 PM
VM did an incredible job for me last night, looked great... worked on a neglected black 2000 Mustang GT. I noticed that the LC polishing pad turned black right away. Water doesn`t put a dent in the stain but a couple drops of dish soap worked - but only where the drops were sitting. Looked like you could use the soap to write on the stained LC pad, kind of like those stain remover stick commercials. Is the black transfer from oxidation? Could it be the paint itself? Prior to the VM, a cutting pad and ASR didn`t turn the pad black and a polish pad with 3M PI-III didn`t either, just when I went to VM :nixweiss

Scottwax
01-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Did you use the VM around any window moldings? I pick up a lot of black from them.

VM is a really good cleaner, it could be the `black` you are picking up is minor residue left behind after the other steps.

stevet
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Hmm, if you have single stage paint I would say this is normal but ASR and a cutting pad and 3M Perfect It III and a polishing pad would have had paint transfer as well and you said they didn`t. This only happened with VM and a polishing pad? The other combos are much more aggressive than VM and a polishing pad.:confused:

T. Perinne
01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Doh! I think Scott wins the prize, I loved that VM so much I went nuts w/ it and went all over - trim, glass, etc... the pad was just VERY black - I didn`t think trim (window moldings) could transfer that much.