PDA

View Full Version : What polishes to order

rockyram
01-12-2005, 01:57 AM
OK, I finally got my PC, now I`m going to order pads from EShine when they get the new ones in.The cars I`m going to detail are my truck,black ,fairly good paint,marring and swirls.My wife`s car,an 89 Camaro Iroc blue,paints not bad except for the hood.Badly faded and oxidized(or is that the same thing).I have in my arsenal:

-Klasse AIO

-NXT

I was thinking of getting some SSR2.5,which I think is comparable to DACP.Is there anything else or any suggestions on what to order now.I`d rather spend a few dollars more now than find out in the middle of the job I don`t have what is needed.I realize it`s hard without seeing at least a picture of the vehicle but I`m just looking for a general starting point.

JeffM
01-12-2005, 06:18 AM
I would get some SSR1 just incase you need it after SSR2.5 .

tripper_11
01-12-2005, 07:47 AM
I always follow DACP with #80 Speed Glaze. You may try it after SSR2.5.

Eliot Ness
01-12-2005, 10:20 AM
As the two previous posters have said either SSR1 or Megâ€â„¢s #80 would be a good follow-up polish to have on hand. If youâ€â„¢re getting ready to place an order for 2.5 just add in a bottle of SSR1.

rockyram
01-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Does the SSR line of polishes really work in the sun or shade?That would be a plus for me since the vehicle is outdoors 24/7.Also ,out of the 4 polishes SSR1,2,2.5,3.If you had to pick two of them SSR1 and SSR2.5 would be the ones to have.Maybe over time I`ll get a bigger assortment but for the time being I`d like to keep it to a minimum.I have so many waxes and polishes bought from Can. Tire that I just don`t use anymore because after I found this site detailing went up to a new level.

REX-RACER
01-13-2005, 04:32 AM
I`ve been wondering is it appropriate or effective to use AIO after SSR2.5 and SG or should stay w/ the SSR line and go to SSR1 and then possibly some other type of sealant?