PDA

View Full Version : Extractor purchase nearing..need advice.

Pages : [1] 2

AutoNova
01-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Well I have been reading up on all the extractor threads on the forum here and I still have some questions about what would best suit my needs?

*I work out of my home 1-2 cars each day.

*Just have regular 120V outlets to use for plugging into.

*Would like to have a model without an in-line heater and second cord but a model that does heat water.

*I assume that it is neccessary to have a unit that is around 6 gallons with 100 psi, what about lift?

*Something that could possibly be used for portable details(I have a 2500 Honda generator)

Thoughts?

AutoNova
01-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Still listening...please take a moment to help.

Ed Hartman
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Tell me how much money you have budgeted for this purchase? This will help me help you

jimmybuffit
01-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Look very closely at the Century 400 Sensei.

It may not meet all of your goals, but make it your `benchmark` for comparisons to others.

Clearly, the Sensei is my recommendation.

Good Luck!

Jim

Ed Hartman
01-11-2005, 10:47 PM
http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/sensei_portable_extractors.shtml

Here is the portable Jimmy recommended

I would also look at www.crossamerican.com..These are some of the best. Although they do not come standard with heat, what you do to counter that is to simply put a "bucket" heater in the solution tank and it will crank the water boiling hot. The "Kwik Steam" is nice. Ed Valentine is the owner and is the one who answers the phone. Very good customer service if you have problems or questions. I`ve owned his extractors before.

Ed Hartman
01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
One more suggestion. Go to www.icsmag.com click on bulletin board, log in/register just like you did here and post this question on the bulletin board. This is a carpet cleaning forum, you will get lots of tips here and will help narrow your search.

Ed Hartman
01-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Auto nova, I took the liberty of posting your question at www.icsmag.com. (carpet cleaning forum).That way you can get lots of good advice from pros and not just me. If you can`t access it I will post results here 2morrow.

AutoNova
01-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Ed Hartman

Tell me how much money you have budgeted for this purchase? This will help me help you

$1300 hopefully

AutoNova
01-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Thank you all for taking to time to respond to this thread. Century 400 looks good but I want to avoid a 2 plug exctractor if I can help it.

togwt
01-12-2005, 10:45 AM
There are a number of different posts (you may find additional information by using the search function)

This is the unit I use ( I`m not a full-time detailer and average is four vehicles a week, so the extractor is used probaly 2-3 times a month)

Specification:

Vapor Clean T5 Extractor / Spotterâ„¢

Heating Element: 1.6Kw

Solution Temperature: 200oF Solution Tank Capacity: 1.5 gallon Recovery Tank Capacity: 2 gallon Vacuum Lift: Suction Power: 102 inches water gauge

Piston Pump Output: 60 PSI

Temperature Detection-Indicator light Temperature Regulation-Automatic Thermostat

Power Requirements- 15 Amps, 110-120 volts,

Single-phase, 50-60 Hz VAC

Weight- 18 lbs. (w/o solution

AutoNova
01-12-2005, 07:21 PM
The Aztec seems to be getting good reviews, good price but will it hold up doing 5-6 cars a week?

Ed Hartman
01-12-2005, 08:30 PM
You are going to be hardpressed to find an extractor with heat and only 1 cord. Most if not all extractors 1 cord powers the vacuum and one cord powers the heater.

Sooner or later your extractor will have problems so you need good customer support. Thats why I recommended Cross American

* I posted a thread that a car detailer posted on a carpet cleaiing forum. I posted it here. Thought it might help

Ed Hartman
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
need a good portable extracter

Posted By Patrick Hoffarth on 10/20/2003 at 7:42 PM

Hi everyone, I`m looking for a new portable extactor for auto detailing. What would you recommend for under $2000 with heat! Any venders lurking here can give me a price quote on my e-mail [email protected]

Thanks

Patrick

Modified By Patrick Hoffarth on 10/20/2003 at 7:46 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: need a good portable extracter

Posted By Frank DiGi on 10/20/2003 at 9:48 PM

Ninja

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By Jon Erickson on 10/20/2003 at 10:28 PM

ninja

Posted By Ralph Pastorelli on 10/20/2003 at 10:59 PM

Ninja with ajustable pressure and temp..

Posted By joseph subia on 10/20/2003 at 11:14 PM

Ninja @ cobb carpet supply :-)

Re: need a good portable, CROSS-AMERICAN

Posted By Greenie on 10/21/2003 at 1:17 AM

This is what I use for small jobs.

MITEY-ONE WEB SPECIAL only

$655 w/detailer

(But I got the UPGRADE 100psi and 3 stage)

NORMALLY

Detailer: $814

Wand: $885 MITEY-ONE FEATURES:

1. Pressure: 60 PSI On-demand

2. Vacuum Motor: 2 Stage Epoxy Painted 97 CFMs

3. Tanks: 3 1/2 Gallon - both tanks. "View-Thru"

4. Power Spray System: apply deo./traffic lanes.

5. Hoses: 10` quality vac/PSI hoses w/swivel cuff.

6. Wand: Select either unit w/ Detailer Tool, or 10" Wand.

7. Specs: 20"h x 20"l x 13"w / 28lbs. (1-25` cord) 9.5 amps

New! The MITEY-ONE with power performance upgrade. A powerful 3-stage vacuum with a 100 PSI adjustable pump. Add $100 for this option. Available direct only. Call for info.

Add heat with the RED HOT ROCKET below

or try the

KWIK-STEAM

A high performance machine in the smallest modular design made. This 8 gallon unit has a lot of the same features the big machines have, including great vacuum and pressure! And, at only 47 pounds, anyone can lift it! You can also roll the KWIK-STEAM on its dolly-like rear wheels. What a machine!

KWIK-STEAM: $1,295

KWIK-STEAM FEATURES:

1. Pressure: 0-100 PSI adj. (on-demand)

2. PSI Regulator: Exclusive electronically controlled

3. Vacuum Motor: 3 Stage Epoxy Painted

4. Tanks: 8 Gallon (Solution/Recovery) View-Thru

5. Power-Spray Feature: Apply deo./Spotters on demand

6. Hoses: 15` Hoses w/ Vac swivel cuff

7. Wand: 10" ss x 1 jet

8. Wheels: 8" Rear Rigid x 3" Swivel

9. Specs: 31"h x 20"l x 14"w / 47 lb. / 11 amps/ (1-25` cord)

AND get the RED HOT ROCKET FOR HEAT!

A1002-RH RED-HOT ROCKET (Pre-Heat Exchanger)

This unique electric Heat Exchanger provides 1800 watts (120v. - 12.5 amps) of performance to increase solution water temperatures in any Cross-American machine models. It can easily be quick-disconnected (with specific adaptors) from one model to another in seconds! Just another first in innovation! Also available in 240v-2000 watts on special order.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONLINE! RED-HOT Rocket: $250

Greenie

Modified By Greenie on 10/21/2003 at 1:19 AM

Posted By Wayne Recla on 10/21/2003 at 4:37 AM

I use the Mytee 8003.

100 psi

137" lift

3 gallon tank

outboard heater that I connected to the machine so I don`t have to drag it around..., works great and when it eventually "goes out", I just can swap out heaters without my cleaner being out of service.

Also, upholstery, crevise and car detail tools are a MUST.

This set-up has the same power as many of the larger machines, but with a 3 gallon tan which takes up less room, and is VERY portable.

About 3 gallons is what I use to detail a car, so after every car I dump the water and am always able to start fresh..., hassle free:)

Just my .o2

Posted By Paul Lucas on 10/21/2003 at 12:06 PM

www.floorcaresystems.com

Posted By Fast Eddie on 10/21/2003 at 3:45 PM

cross American Recoil-3 HP is one of the best portables on the market

Posted By Patrick Hoffarth on 10/21/2003 at 7:47 PM

nither ninja nor cross american seem to have in line heaters??

Posted By bruce swartz on 10/21/2003 at 9:36 PM

Kleenrite 214 hx dual heat/ 3 gallon tanks/ wet or solvent capabilities, made of aluminum & stainless, hardly ever breaks, stainless braided hoses inside. these machines have been around along time, well engineered equipment.

Posted By bruce swartz on 10/21/2003 at 9:36 PM

Kleenrite 214 hx dual heat/ 3 gallon tanks/ wet or solvent capabilities, made of aluminum & stainless, hardly ever breaks, stainless braided hoses inside. these machines have been around along time, well engineered equipment.

Posted By bruce swartz on 10/21/2003 at 9:37 PM

Posted By Robert Rushton on 10/21/2003 at 9:47 PM

Show-off!

Modified By Robert Rushton on 10/21/2003 at 9:48 PM

Posted By J R on 10/21/2003 at 9:49 PM

Hey bruce, could you repeat yourself I missed the last six!

Re: Need a good portable extractor

Posted By Larry Cobb on 10/21/2003 at 9:50 PM

Greenhorn;

The Red-Hot specs do not add up:

120V x 12.5A = 1500 watts.

The Ninja is available with internal or external inline heater.

We would rather use the electrical power to go with bigger pumps and vacuum systems.

Larry Cobb

Cobb Carpet Supply

Post a reply to this thread

AutoNova
01-12-2005, 09:14 PM
That`s alot of good information thanks for looking into all this, keep it coming.

What do you use Ed? Have you mentioned?

Ed Hartman
01-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Ive owned the Cross American Mitey One with 100psi. Great lil extractor. Wish I still had it. As you can see from above Ninja is also a very good extractor. Its just like car detailing, everybody has there opinions.

*Another helpful thread