PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference??

tvolt
01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I recently placed an order with classic motoring accessories that I received yesterday. I realized once I opened and inspected the box that they had sent me microfiber polishing towels instead of the microfiber buffing towels. I informed them of their mistake and they are sending me the buffing towels. My question is what is the differnce between the two? Can I use the polishing towel for buffing or is it proper to use only for applying polish?

Any help is appreciated,

thanks

imported_liam
01-11-2005, 07:23 PM
while i`m not an expert on the subject here is my two cents:

a buffing towel will have a slighter longer nap and possibly softer fibres than the polishing towels. i.e. - a buffing towel with its longer nap will pick up more product than a short nap. and a short nap will be able to `cut` (i use the term loosely) through the paint (yeah cut isa really bad word... hmm) better than a long nap.

but i think the real world difference is that there would hardly be a difference :D... so go for your life.

tvolt
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks Liam.

I assumed that you could probably use it for both but wasn`t sure where the difference would be and that explains it.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Liam, try both and see what subtle differences there are.....I like longer nap for instant detailing, more room for dirt particles to hide.

More fiber (longer), more room for particles.

Obviously shorter fibers would be for less dirtier or demanding jobs.....JMO.

Wasatch
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Liam, try both and see what subtle differences there are.....I like longer nap for instant detailing, more room for dirt particles to hide.

More fiber (longer), more room for particles.

Obviously shorter fibers would be for less dirtier or demanding jobs.....JMO.

Patrick,

I`m still confused about this nap crap. For me I know by looking and feeling which MF is best for what Im needing to do. So between your Supreme and Elite which is for what? Which is consider a longer nap/shorter nap?

imported_Aurora40
01-12-2005, 05:40 PM
The nap is the length of the loops. If you look closely, most towels, the terry kind anyway, are lots and lots of little loops that give the towel it`s thickness. These loops can be longer or shorter. Longer loops are usually a thicker feeling, heavier, and floppier feeling.