PDA

View Full Version : This is a test...

Krautfed 03
01-11-2005, 09:34 AM
OK, this may have already been done, but I am using my A4 as a guinnea pig.

To start, I have a coat of AIO, then 3 coats of SG.

The test is in the toppers. I have Signature on all areas except rear quarters, roof, trunk, and the rest of the rear of the car. Those areas have S100. I have put two coats of each. It was getting dark when I was finishing up on Sunday, but when it quits raining and we have sun, I`ll post pics. I`m getting ready to pull it out of the garage into the rain to see which beads better. Plus, I want to try out my new MFWW towell!! :p

My car is Dolphin Gray, kinda like a charcoal color. Its not the darkest, but not the lightest, somewhere in the middle toward the dark end, so it will be interesting to see how each perform.

audipower
01-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Nice to see the results.

?`s- Are you allowing 24 hrs for the SG to cure? Are you waiting 24 hrs between SG coats and wax?

I have a mettalic melange a4. I use p21S as a topper and quit like it. I`m a big SG guy. I put 3 coats at a time. I wait 24hrs so it cures and wait 24hrs between coats. If you live in a dry area like Arizona you can remove in 12 hrs.

Post some pics when you get a chance. Would be interesting to see the results with signature!

:up

Krautfed 03
01-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I started this process immediately before Christmas, waiting 48 hous between coats. I also waited about a week between coats of S100/P21S and Signature.

So far, I feel the Signature is easier to use, and provides better pop in the metallic, but the S100 seem to have very slightly better reflection. I`ll let it sit in the garage for a few more days and then check again. The Signature seemed to improve its gloss after curing a couple of days.

audipower
01-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I like P21S because of the reflection/depth, it looks better in the sun. Signature has better seperation of colors or metallics, but so does SG.