PDA

View Full Version : Still have Questions about Swirl Removle

firefli
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I`ve been working on my red nissan p/u. It had what I thought were moderate swirls. Maybe they are heavy? I used my pc on 6 with a yellow edge pad and SSR 2.5 I`ve made about three passess. Although the oxidation is gone and there`s beginning to be shine the swirls are still visible. Next, I tried ssr 2.5 on a polish pad and did two passess. Still had swirls. I tried ssr 2 at 5 on my pc still swirls, did SSR 1 at 5 on my pc and still swirls all though they do look lighter. This is my first time with a pc and so I suspect that maybe I misjudged the severity of my swirls but I`m unsure if that`s my problem or if I`m just not using the pc properly. I did read many tutorials and I`m following those directions to the best of my ability. I guess I`m looking for some more input or advice. I assumed that if I can`t feel the micro marring then the pc would work. How can I tell the difference between heave and moderate swirls? Do I need a more aggressive product?

Thanks

Poorboy
11-15-2004, 02:23 PM
is your truck a repaint or does it have the factory paint?
if it`s a repaint then it might be below the surface, if it`s factory, then you might just need either a stronger product or to use a rotary...the factthat the paint is smooth has nothing to do on how deep the marks may be.