PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel application

volvoguy
01-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I just recieved 6 applications of aquapel in the mail from an ebay auction. The directions state that it needs to be applied in temps over 50 degrees, no problem with my heated garage. But they also say about having a clean windsheild. I have VM on it right now and was wondering what I should use to get a totally clean Windshield? I was thinking SSR 1 or 2 , I also have Stoners IG and Autoglym glass polish. If needed I also have some Bio Degreaser I use for my Bike that i could dilute and use.

LOTA OT
01-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I`ve not used Aquapel (but will be picking up some soon) so I can`t be sure what I`m going to recommend would be totally compatable, but I`d think that using prepsol or naptha (lighter fluid) would be a better cleaner that doesn`t leave any residue behind.

Let us know what you use and how it works out.

Michael

Prometheus
01-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Might want to try rubbing alcohol. Not sure how it does on VM, but i know it does remove most things

volvoguy
01-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok i tried it. First I used SSR1 with an MF applicator, then i proceeded to wipe it off. I noticed some smearing and residue on the glass so i got out my Pedro`s Bio Degreaser I use for my mtn. bike. A 50/50 mix in a very small cup and applied it with a foam applicator. That seemed to do the trick very well.

There was also enough left to do the windsheild of my parents Rav 4. THis had VM on it also and i just used the degreaser mix. It worked fine and when I poured the hot water on the windsheild to rinse it off it did not bead.

Now I can rest easy for a while, im excited to see how much better aquapel is than RainX or VM.

obbop
01-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Local shop applied Aquapel around 4 months ago as a freebie. The water still skeedaddles away and at speed, unless it is raining really hard, I can get by without the wipers though the visibility IS better when the wipers are operating.

Seems like purdy darn good stuff.

imported_Axe
01-11-2005, 04:44 AM
From what I understand of the chemical reaction of RainX, once its on, its on, you cannot remove RainX

TortoiseAWD
01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Axe

From what I understand of the chemical reaction of RainX, once its on, its on, you cannot remove RainX I believe naptha will remove Rain-X. If not, any mildly abrasive glass polish will definitely cut through it. Rain-X`s own FAQ suggests Bon-Ami or Soft Scrub (I found several references to the Rain-X FAQ via Google search, but oddly, the FAQ link on the Rain-X homepage is broken).

Tort

imported_becks
01-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Local shop applied Aquapel around 4 months ago as a freebie. The water still skeedaddles away and at speed, unless it is raining really hard, I can get by without the wipers though the visibility IS better when the wipers are operating.

It is wicked stuff. The other day it was raining pretty hard here and when I got on the highway with the high speeds I didn`t even need to use my wipers. I got some funny looks from other drivers :rolleyes:

C. Charles Hahn
01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
I just use zaino glass polish followed by EO 20/20 before doing RainX or Aquapel (whatever I have handy)