PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys need some advice getting some crap out of paint.

Brightredone
01-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Friend of mine owns a black Malibu, they were at a gas station and they were painting the over hang. Apparently some paint specs got on the car, this has been a couple months as they have done nothing about it. We`ve tried a polish but to no avail, would a claybar take the flakes out possibly? I`m attaching a pic what it looks like, keep in mind this should be a flat black.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Jason122082/example.jpg

MS22
01-08-2005, 05:55 PM
I have taken yellow road paint off of a car with an aggressive clay bar (think clay magic red as oppsed to blue) however the paint was pretty fresh ~48 hours. Also there are some swirls still in the clear in the above pic so maybe try the aggressive clay and if that does not work try some aggressive polish like ASR or SSR2.5 or 3. Be prepared to toss the pad.

JeffM
01-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Clay bar would probably take it off.

imported_Burlyq
01-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Clay wont take that out I recently tried. My customer had their neighbor overspray their car with just house paint but let it dry too much like you guys, and clay did nothing. You are going to have to use an aggresive polish. And if your buddy dosn`t sue them he`s foolish. Painters who don`t control their overspray or don`t adequatley seal off an area should be in a different type of work. And if the gas station stayed open so they wouldn`t lose pump sales and the painters warned them they couldn`t ensure that cars wouldn`t get overspray, then the gas station should pay through the nose. I`d sue the gas station for a new paint job and let them deal with the painter.

JeffM
01-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Maybe try some goof off.