PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Sonus FX polish with Zaino?

imported_Billfold
01-08-2005, 08:42 AM
This will be my first detail with a PC and actual real polishes. Here is the process I am thinking about:

Wash with Meguiars Gold Class

Clay with Zaino Clay

Polish with SFX-2(should I use a white pad or orange pad?)

SFZ-3 w/white pad

Alcohol/Water rub down

Apply Zaino w/ZFX by hand, or should I use the grey finishing pad?

Any help is needed, and has anyone seen the results w/Sonus Polishes

BookemDano
01-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Billfold,

I can`t comment on the Sonus part, but it looks like a good process except for a couple of things...

I would use the Alcohol/water mix to remove the polish from each section after polishing it. That allows you to examine the finish as you go. Then you can repeat the section if necessary.

After you finish, wash with Z7 car wash to ensure that the paint is squeaky clean before applying Zaino.

Regarding Zaino clay, I use and love the stuff. I use a spray bottle filled with about 1-2 capfulls of Z7 car wash with about 20 oz of water. It makes a great, cheap clay lube and is easy to rinse off when through.

Regarding the Zaino, ithere are three varieties - Z5, Z2 and Z2 Pro. For your paint color, Z2 or Z2 Pro is probably the best choice.

Z2 Pro recently replaced Z2. It`s got several advantages over Z2 (including ease of application and better shine). The old Z2 had a red cap and is labeled "Z2". The new bottles of Z2 Pro have a white cap and are labeled as such . About three-four months ago, Z2 Pro started shipping in the old bottle but with a white cap.

Which do you have?

Regards,

Dan.

imported_Billfold
01-08-2005, 01:02 PM
ok, so I will water/alcohol spray in b/w polishes. I have the old Z-2, and I am running low on Z-6 and have no more z-7. That is why I have been using the Meg`s GC Car wash. Is my pad selection ok?? Do you post on LS2??? I post under the same name

BookemDano
01-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Billfold,

I use a red LC Constant Pressure finishing pad to apply my Zaino. I works well. You should be able to use your finishing pad for that. Just make sure that the pad is clean and, preferably, use the pad only for applying Z2.

Regarding your overall pad selection... I don`t use Sonus pads, so I can`t really comment.

I don`t post on LS2. I`ve never heard of it.

Regaring Z6... If you are going to use Zaino products, you really should stock up on Z6. It is an EXCELLENT product, especially for Z2/Z5. It has gloss enhancers that really make Z2 or Z5 pop.

Regards,

Dan.

zainoshine
01-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I do the exact process. On a client`s vehicle it was SFX-1, SFX-2, Z-6, Z-2 x2. I skipped SFX3 because of time...and the finish already looked good (it was badly oxidized/swirled).

It works fine and looks great!

Good luck.

imported_Billfold
01-10-2005, 12:14 AM
cool, thanks for the help! I will be using LC pads that I bought from autopias store. I got the $40 kit w/an extra white pad