PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on detaling plan & clay recommendations

SphyNxXx
01-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Soon I will be picking up some products to do a nice detailing session with my Torch Red C5. Everything I plan to do by hand. What is your opinion on my current plan of attack?:

wash

bug and tar remover

clay

wash

??3M Swirl Remover??

blackfire polish

blackfire sealant

S100

I am not sure about using the 3M yet. Also, which kind of clay bar do you recommend? Meguiars or Clay Magic?

imported_Burlyq
01-08-2005, 04:01 AM
clay magic, nice firm bar but easy to knead too. I`m not sure if your asking for other recommendations or not but I`d go with menzerna FPII for a finishing polish and Zaino for a sealant. Blackfire is nice but don`t you find durabilty an issue? Something more aggresive for the swirls like Sonus`s most aggressive. S100 is great on red, too. You can wash after clay if you like but I don`t it`s too much work.

Accumulator
01-08-2005, 12:39 PM
SphyNxXx - Which 3M SMR were you considering? C5 paint is sorta hard, BTW, so if you have any real marring take that into account. Working by hand you want to use stuff that`s very user-friendly.

SphyNxXx
01-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

SphyNxXx - Which 3M SMR were you considering? C5 paint is sorta hard, BTW, so if you have any real marring take that into account. Working by hand you want to use stuff that`s very user-friendly.

I dont have too bad of marring on the car with the exception of a couple places where a small branch fell on it while driving. You can`t see the marring from it with the exception in revealing lights.

I already have a jar of S100 so it is definately going on. Anything else that is no more expensive than Blackfire twins, Im open to.

BookemDano
01-08-2005, 03:14 PM
I`m kind of sour on Blackfire products. I like Menzern IP and FPII for polishes, and Zaino for a sealant. Z2 Pro should look very nice on the red paint.

Regards,

Dan.

SphyNxXx
01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the input. For those of you who are against Blackfire, could you tell me why? I checked out the Menzerna FPII polish and Im not sure if I want to use something that abrasive on my car, but it also may be what it needs to get out a couple of the marring places. Is the Blackfire polish not that good?

MS22
01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Torch red! IMO kill the S100 idea and get some Trade Secret and Souveran. S100 is easy to work with and shines nicely but the TS or Souveran add depth that the S100 wont and shine better; they are worth the extra money once you see the results. Also, I have never used the Blackfire products but would recommend the Menzerna polishes.

holland_patrick
01-10-2005, 09:53 PM
ok it seems to me your trying to keep it on the cheeper side of things which is good I did also You have some good products in mind and Just need a hand so one word for ya ""KIT""

I bought a few kit and they made all the differance becaus of the MF and other bonus i got with themm

http://www.autogeek.net/

Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Kit

I love this clay

Klasse Kit

what can i say it`s the best(zanio lovers would pic zanio I just haven`t tried that and I get results with klasse)

http://www.premiumautocare.com/

Four Star Ultimate Detailing Clay Kit Deluxe

never used it but you get FOUR towels

Detail City Favorite Kit #1

Some say UPP is better then SG Plus you get MORE TOWELS ( you can never have enough towels)

Menzerna Get Acquainted Kit

Cheep, good produts(I posted about them in the detailing dissution fourm) and should be enough for your car

http://www.ocdpharmacy.com/

it`s anouther place but I didn`t see too much there

and last but not least

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Sonüs Perfect Paint Finish Kit

Never used it But I LOVE sonus Cockpit spray

Sonus makes it easy. Start with the Sonüs Perfect Shine Base Finish Kit (SON-BASE-KIT), then select the top-coat kit that best suits your needs.

So there you go a few place to look around and get some stuff I`m not really recomending one store over another just wanteding you to see what is out there and to beable to get the most for your money

patrick

you can always PM me if needed

SphyNxXx
01-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the input