PDA

View Full Version : Good cutting polishes..DACP vs. SSR 2.5

joshcaro
01-08-2005, 12:19 AM
After reading the product letdown topic I started thinking. A few people mentioned the SSR 2.5 and 2 as disapointments. I have used 2.5 a couple of times and myself have not been overly impressed. It did remove swirls, but so did my SSR 1. Actually come to think of it, I feel as if SSR 1/cutting pad was better because it got rid of the same amount of swirls without really leaving the marring.

I have heard nothing but awesome reviews of it up until now and it got me wondering what would be a better cutting polish for a rather beat up paint? Would it be DACP or something else?

What are your suggestions on another product?

Another note to mention on the SSR 2.5 was all the dusting it left me, where as the SSR 1 left very little if not any.

Has anyone else determined SSR 1 is as good as SSR 2.5 if not better?

JasonD
01-08-2005, 12:22 AM
DACP followed by #80

1Z UPP followed by 1Z PP

3M PI III RC followed by 3M PI III MG

IP followed by FP

My pick out of the group would be the 3M PI III RC followed by 1ZPP. I actually use this combo on a regular basis.

mtodde
01-08-2005, 12:40 AM
SSR 2.5 has quite a bit more bite than SSR 1. If you try it on some heavier swirls you`ll probably see more of a difference. I`ve had great luck with it myself. I always follow with SSR 1 or a paint cleanser, but SilverLexus went straight to Souveran on it last weekend and his pics looked great.

DACP may be a better choice for paint that has a good bit of oxidation or if it has more light scratches.

jvcn
01-08-2005, 01:03 AM
In an earlier post on problems with my black paint, I said that I went to Brad B. for tips on using the PC. Working together and trying different products, it was clear [on this car] that the 3M PI-III RC was noticeably superior to either DACP or 1zUltra for dealing with water spots and tough swirls and scratches. Since then 3M has been my friend.

Granted YMMV. But I find the 3M to be a truly superior product.