PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way in the world to use the NXT booster spray

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
01-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I know that the NXT booster spray hasn`t been well received. Even following Mike Phillips recommendations, I`ve still had a problem with overspray if I spray directly on to the paint.

Today, while I was washing cars, I got to thinking. QD added to QEW seems to work very well, maybe the NXT booster spray would work. If, not, I could just dump out the bucket and start over. I filled up a bucket with a gallon of water, added two capfuls of QEW and about 2 ounces of the NXT spray booster, which gave the water a white, chalky look.

First thing I noticed while washing an Escalade is that the water beaded very tightly and the first drying pass with a terry cloth towel left a light haze. The second drying pass with a microfiber towel easily removed the light haze and the paint felt incredibly slick! Looked really good too. I did the entire Escalade and it really turned out great (took pics, still have about 15 left on the roll though) and felt nearly as slick as if I had just waxed it.

I think this would work best on cars that aren`t too filthy though. Just a hunch. :)

Anyway, if you have some NXT booster spray sitting on the shelf, collection dust and use QEW to wash your car, go ahead and try it and see if you get the same results I did. :)

imported_memnuts
01-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Cool Scott.

I use a similiar GEW protocol but with Lackfinish. I mix the QEW and add 1-2 cupful of the Lackfinish (1 - car 2 SUV). Works great and no residue or film after wiping. Excellent results from minutes of work.

Yes I agree that these methods should only be used on relatively clean vehicles.

tripper_11
01-07-2005, 10:29 PM
hmmmm....let me try that...

Anyway it`s from SCOTTWAX!

jvcn
01-08-2005, 01:00 AM
Now this looks like a good lazy man`s use of NXT Spray Wax!

I`d given up after trying something similar to the terry applicator and quick WOWO a la Mosca. It worked but in the end it seemed as much trouble as putting on another coat of UPP or S100.

But this idea is worth a second look. It beats throwing it away, and I got it for about $3 on closeout.

stilez
01-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Interesting :)

This could come in handy when winter brings less and less time for paintcare.

Alfisti
01-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Would this work with any carwash shampoo?

What is special about QEW? I`ve never used it...sorry.

Scottwax
01-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Alfisti

Would this work with any carwash shampoo?

What is special about QEW? I`ve never used it...sorry.

I think it would only work with QEW because you dry it immediately and it wouldn`t be diluted by rinsing.

Alfisti
01-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks Scott. Looks like I might need to try QEW.

How does it work?

Whats in it?

How much water do you use?

Sorry for all the questions!

cwcad
01-08-2005, 10:01 AM
hey Sottwax,

could/would nxt booster wax be used with poorboy`s spray and wipe....?

Pats300zx
01-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Awesome idea. Going to have to give this a try....:xyxthumbs

imported_Aurora40
01-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Did you notice tons of rainbowing in the water? The one time I tried NXT Booster on a wet car while drying, I noticed it would rainbow like crazy, and that it didn`t seem to restore as much gloss as when used dry.

I think if they made that stuff have less protection or something just so it was easy to use it would be a lot more popular. With that kind of stuff, ease of use is the key. If it`s as much work as applying another coat of wax, then what`s the point?

This also brings to mind using AIO as a wash. :nixweiss

imported_memnuts
01-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Aurora40

This also brings to mind using AIO as a wash. :nixweiss

Funny Bob, I had the exact same thought when I first read this thread. :D

Eliot Ness
01-08-2005, 11:52 AM

........QEW.

How does it work?

Whats in it?

Alfisti, these links should answer all your QEW questions:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32078

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31242&highlight=qew

http://www.taurusclub.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=117

SilverLexus
01-08-2005, 11:56 AM
The problem with this innovative Scottwax suggestion is that it will save time. Don`t Autopians want to spend more time with their car? ;)

Scottwax
01-08-2005, 03:52 PM

Thanks Scott. Looks like I might need to try QEW.

How does it work?

Whats in it?

Sorry for all the questions!

http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm

Do a search here too, QEW has been discussed practically hundreds of times. :xyxthumbs