PDA

View Full Version : Just got my shining monkey kit

dogma
01-07-2005, 04:15 PM
I ordered the whole shining monkey kit. I plan on trying it this weekend. 5 weeks ago I had 4 or 5 coats of Zaino Z2 on my car and then ordered the Pinicle sizzling shine kit, I now have 4 or 5 coats of souvran past wax on my car. I will now try the shining monkey, it looks like I will use the Dspec polish then the glaze and finally the Dspec carnuba wax. I hope its a good as they say.

92MX83
01-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dogma

I hope its a good as they say.

So do I; at roughly $2 per application, that Souveran stuff isn`t cheap!;)

sklew
04-16-2005, 03:31 PM
so dogma, how are you liking the shining monkey kit??

HenryS
05-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I did not buy the kit - I`ve only tried the D-Spec Detailing Spray. Great results - I left a review on the product.

http://autopia.org/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=553&username=HenryS

dogma
05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, its been a while since I used Shining Monkey, right after I got it I also ordered the Stuf kit.

As I said I used the Zaino Z2, then Souvran,thenShining Monkey and then Stuf.

Since my carnuba experiments , I only use Zaino on my car, I won`t turn this into a Zaino thread ( its awesome results speak for itself ) Now on to carnuba,I still experiment on my wifes van ,my truck and some cars I detail.

What I found , Shining monkeys polish is very good ,goes on easy comes off easy and does a good job cleaning comprable to P21S cleaner and Pinacle`s cleaner ( I think Stuf cleaner is slightly better) Shining Monkeys glaze is very good too requires a little extra buffing,almost as good as Menzerna`s glaze but not as good as #80.

As far as the Carnuba wax its excellent, easy to use great shine and buffs off very easy. Its up there with Souvran,Surluster and Stuf. Shining Monkey`s no spit tire shine is incredible, car wash is very good.

The D-spec QD is one of the best I have used,I use it on my wifes van and my truck. I won`t compare Z8 because its not fair, but the only other QD thats as good as D-spec is WOW from auto tech. I am not sure if D-spec available OTC yet but it definately is a notch above Meguiars ,Turtlewax and Mothers.

All in all its a great kit for the money and performs like expensive products, definately worth a try ( great web site too ).

imported_kgb
05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
I have been very pleased with the Shining Monkey line. I was a bit sceptical but so far so good.

scottabir
05-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Shining monkey hand glaze is some good stuff :up ...just dont use a PC :( When it says hand glaze they mean it.

imported_kgb
05-19-2005, 09:31 AM
What results did you get with using by machine Scott?

imported_kgb
06-07-2005, 08:40 AM
One bad thing about Shining Monkey. Their customer service is horrible!