PDA

View Full Version : Space

tooklean
11-12-2004, 10:49 PM
As you all know the weather had turned pretty cold here in Pennsylvania too cold for mobile detailing. So today I called a local auto repair shop and asked the owner if he had any avalible space for detailing work he said yes and asked me to stop by Monday afternoon. My question is this my detailing is more parttime than I would like it to be lol but if I can get my hands on this space what kind of deal could I work out with the shop owner? If I had a steady stream of customers I could see paying a monthly rental fee for the space but Since I get an occassional job Should I just give the owner a % of each detail

Jngrbrdman
11-12-2004, 10:59 PM
I have been doing this for a couple years now with a local shop. I give them a cut of the detail. I tell them to charge the customer whatever they want, but my price is $XXX or whatever. They usually mark it up 10 to 20 percent and are happy. I can bust out 10 cars a week at this shop when I have the time to do it. Its a performance shop so cars are coming in and out all the time. If I were to go full time then I would start at places like that.