PDA

View Full Version : What $200 gets you

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Aurora40
01-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Heheh, had a big box awaiting me when I came home today. I`m gonna have to do a lot of family member details to use this stuff up! I`m excited about trying the various things. A few observations:

Pinnacle stuff smells so awesome! The V&R stuff is great smelling! And did they change the color of Crystal Mist from red to blue? Once again, no silk bag with my Souveran. When I got the Forum Fave, I had to call and get them to send me one. I mean, it`s not like it changes the stuff, but it sure helps the experience. I was actually hoping it would be Christmas red like in the new pictures instead of gold like my original one. I`ll let it go this time, though. ;)

Vinylex smells like plastic. Like when you get something new made of plastic. That`s what it seemed to smell like to me. Very light, though, not a strong smell.

200 oz. is one big hunk of clay!

Microfibers... There must be like only 5 kinds or something... I got 5 more Cobra ones. They seem nice but not amazing. Got a Cobra waffleweave, seems exactly like my autopia waffle weaves (the original ones David was selling when he first opened). The Miracle one is interesting, the one side is really quite plush. One of the dark green autogeek ones I got seems exactly like my autofiber towels except in green instead of blue. I like those towels, those plus DF`s for QD and Megs Ultimate for polish wiping are about all I need. It`s actually kind of hard to tell/remember which towels are what kind once I take the tags off. :nixweiss

Thanks again AutoGeek!

Setec Astronomy
01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Wow, that`s a nice spread! If you need any help using it up...

PS I won`t tell anyone on MOL that there aren`t any Meg`s products in that pic...sshhh....:D

TW85 HHI
01-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Looks like the clay is Meguiar`s. ;)

Setec Astronomy
01-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Looks like the clay is Meguiar`s. ;)

Yeah, that`ll smooth things right out over on MOL! :rofl

Well spotted, tho :up

AlmightyMoonPie
01-03-2005, 08:11 PM
man you suck, mine just got UPS`d today, I was hoping to have it last week,

Eliot Ness
01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Let us know how that Speed Clay works out. I`d never noticed it before I saw it on your (Hot Tub) list, sounds interesting.

http://www.autogeek.net/dispcl10.html

T. Perinne
01-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow! Which Pinnacle products di you get? I can only think of the two swirl removers, PCL, LS, and Crystal Mist...

LT1Squirrel
01-03-2005, 09:10 PM
200 oz of clay........damn:eek::D

Eliot Ness
01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by LT1Squirrel

200 oz of clay........damn:eek::D

I think that`s 200 grams (7 oz) in the Meg`s, otherwise that would be like a 12 pound hunk of clay :scared

imported_Aurora40
01-03-2005, 10:01 PM
LOL, yeah, 200 grams... Well, 200 oz would be a honking big bar too.. :-P

imported_Aurora40
01-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

Yeah, that`ll smooth things right out over on MOL! :rofl

Well spotted, tho :up

LOL! Am I in hot water over there? The Meg`s clay is the value of the AutoGeek offerings. Plus, it`s clay magic which I like a lot.

I thought about getting some #6 or ColorX to compliment a smaller AIO. Sort of the AIO of carnauba products. I could use it and top with #16 or something on family cars. But then I though, well, AIO can also be topped with carnauba. So I ordered the 1L bottle. If only I had tried Cycloing it I may have ordered different. :nixweiss It`s funny, the big bottle of AIO has a bigger hole in the top too. I mean, you still put the same amount on a pad...

Scottwax
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Pretty nice use of $200. ;)

stevet
01-03-2005, 11:59 PM
The Vinylx I have is in a blue bottle. Looks like your`s is green. Did they change the colors recently or something?

Pats300zx
01-04-2005, 03:35 AM
And did they change the color of Crystal Mist from red to blue?

Yes...my 2 bottles were blue. Bummer on the silk bag for the Souveran :(

SilverLexus
01-04-2005, 07:30 AM
Nice product selection Aurora!