PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used this?

Robb
01-03-2005, 04:55 PM
www.armorall.com

Armorall has a new car wash gel and gel wax.

I know i wont be using this, but the product has me wondering. The instructions state to rinse vehicle and apply gel and wash. That seems like a really horrible idea to me, does it to anyone else? Sounds like a recipe for swirls, but ill hold off judgement until i see reviews.

General Lee
01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Looks like trouble to me??

nailzer
01-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I`m done with anything Armorall period. I used the protectant on my `81 Cressida`s dash religiously until it went into the garage for a paint job, out of the sun, for about 6 months. It went in with 1 small crack in the dash and came out with 3. When I washed it off I got the brown color of the dash on the rag.

JasonD
01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
I like ArmorAll original protectant and Tire Foam for my engine and tires, and the glass cleaner is supposed to be top notch, but that`s about it.

If you want to give it a whirl, go for it and then post a review. I`d love to hear about it. You never know, it could be a new Wax As U Dry. :up

nailzer
01-04-2005, 07:23 PM
If anyone has an older car DO NOT use Armorall Cleaning Wipes on old plastic. I used it on my Cressida`s console and the wipes dried the plastic so much it cracked in several places.

Bill D
01-04-2005, 08:36 PM
The only AA product I use is AA Original. Comes in just about every size up all the way up to 55 gallon drum :D

Jesstzn
01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Don`t worry .. 1000`s will buy it cuz its trick and easy .. nailzer .. you also need to clean the dash occassionally not just slop stuff on it. The newer formulation doesn`t cause cracking.

Pondscum
01-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Don`t worry .. 1000`s will buy it cuz its trick and easy .. nailzer .. you also need to clean the dash occassionally not just slop stuff on it. The newer formulation doesn`t cause cracking.

This is spot on. The newer formulation which is now called Armor All Original of all things, is infinitely better and safer than the old Armor All.

Intercooled
01-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I only use AA in the wheel wells! Thats pretty much the only place it belongs!!!!:D

Stratous
01-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

I only use AA in the wheel wells! Thats pretty much the only place it belongs!!!!:D

I feel the EXACT same way. It gives the plastic wheel well liners a great look.

nailzer
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

I`ll stick with 303 products.

BearNVa
01-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Well I got the whole AA package for Xmas and I have so far used the Gel Wash and it works rather well .......but I am new to the detailing thing but so far I haven`t seen any swirls but I also though the swirl thing was paint related. To use the gel you rinse the car put the gel on a very soft cloth (micro fiber for me) and wash. The cloth suds up just like if you had put it in a bucket of water.