PDA

View Full Version : Rain-X..

porterror
01-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I hear good things about this product? Anyone know of good local places or cheap online stores to find it at??

Also, which product do mos use for windows, they have a ton of things listed for auto window cleaning.

http://www.rainx.com/frame_auto_glass.htm

Eliot Ness
01-02-2005, 08:55 PM
You can find RainX at almost any auto parts store (Advance, AutoZone, etc.) and also at Wal-Mart.

The only products I`ve used are the Original Glass Treatment (works well), Washer Fluid Additive (works OK), and a set of their wiper blades (work very well).

porterror
01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Hmm. with orginal glass treatment when do you suggest putting it on during the process? Also, i have a polish for the window as well. Should i just apply the rain-x treatment during the car wash period? Then put the polish on top?

raymond_ho2002
01-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I clean the glass with glass cleaner and apply rainx with a terry applicator and let it haze,and then wash the car like normal. The washing and drying removes the haze residue. Otherwise i`ll just apply as stated and then wipe off with a towel and a bit of water.

I think that the polish would remove the rainx. polish first before rainx.

Eliot Ness
01-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by porterror

Hmm. with orginal glass treatment when do you suggest putting it on during the process? Also, i have a polish for the window as well. Should i just apply the rain-x treatment during the car wash period? Then put the polish on top?

You would put it on after using polish on your glass, otherwise the polish would remove some/all of it. Apply RainX to a clean/dry windshield either before or after you wash your car.

If you clean/polish your glass, then apply RainX, and then wash your car the RainX film will come off very easily.

If it`s available locally you may want to try the RainX Windshield Wax, sounds like the original but a little easier to use (maybe).

Aquapel is supposed to work better than RainX (last longer). I saw some at a local CarQuest auto parts store and plan to pick some up next time I`m in the area.

http://www.ppg.com/gls_aquapel/default.htm