PDA

View Full Version : aio , upp x 2 , pinnacle topper ?

s2skimon
01-02-2005, 05:49 PM
I`m thinking of this combo for some added winter durability and "pop!" :D

AIO , UPP x 2, topped with Pinnacle Paste Glaz/Souveran (depending on the colour)

what your thoughts ?

thx

jeff5614
01-02-2005, 06:20 PM
It sounds good to me but I can`t speak to the durability or how Pinnacle will look with it. I have read other posts that have topped UPP and said it cut down on the slickness, if that`s an issue for you. I have AIO, UPP x 2 on a carbon gray Acura and it does bring out the flake, but I`ve only had it on for a month. It does look good though, even had a couple of people in parking lots comment on it.

TW85 HHI
01-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I can only speak for silver but AIO + UPPx2 + Paste Glaz is an excellent combo. For some reason Signature removed the slickness of UPP but Paste Glaz kept it. :nixweiss

White95Max
01-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

I can only speak for silver but AIO + UPPx2 + Paste Glaz is an excellent combo. For some reason Signature removed the slickness of UPP but Paste Glaz kept it. :nixweiss

I just applied Paste Glaz on my car over UPPx3. As said, the Paste Glaz allowed the paint to retain the slickness of UPP, while #16 didn`t.

I haven`t seen it in the light yet, since it was dark when I finished, but it looks awesome in the garage. I`ll take pictures tomorrow if I have time.

s2skimon
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
excellent thank you

s2skimon
01-19-2005, 04:16 PM
one more question

After applying the UPP how long shall i let it sit ?

How long before another coat ?

thanks

jpm

T. Perinne
01-19-2005, 04:30 PM
MHO I would say either AIO + PS or AIO + UPP, not both... I`m not sure what looks best as a LSP between UPP and PS but I sure love the UPP on my black Mustang.

White95Max
01-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by montoya

one more question

After applying the UPP how long shall i let it sit ?

How long before another coat ?

thanks

jpm

I let the UPP sit on my car for about 20 minutes usually, then wipe off. You can let it sit longer though if you want...it still won`t give you problems when buffing it off.

The general rule is 24hrs between coats of sealants. I follow that estimate whenever I apply any LSP.

jeff5614
01-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I just follow the directions on the container although I can`t remember what they are at the moment.

Woob
01-19-2005, 05:48 PM
UPC + UPP x 3 + Paste Glaz = Good combo! UPP itself is beautiful if done right.

SilverLexus
01-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I can only speak for silver but AIO + UPPx2 + Paste Glaz is an excellent combo.

Judging from Greg`s latest pictures, I would agree!

s2skimon
01-19-2005, 06:52 PM
sounds good.. once the schedule allows, i`ll apply and take the pics..

TW85 HHI
01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
I like to let UPP sit for at least an hour. I cannot really say it makes a difference with UPP since it is so user friendly but I have just had better luck letting sealants sit for a while before removal.

Accumulator
01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I like to let UPP set up for a while too. I just can`t bring myself to top the UPP on the S8...it looks *exactly* the way I want it to and I don`t want to do anything that would prevent my adding more UPP without a big redo.

I use Souveran on one "good" car and UPP on the other, I don`t mix `em. Both have their pluses and minuses, and I don`t think that combining them would net out in a positive way.