PDA

View Full Version : Got PC. few questions....

stluciedetail
01-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone. this is my first post. Ive noticed that some of you are also members on detailcity. thats how i found out about this website.

Anyways. I got this pc at lowes. I have a 5 inch backing plate with all the megs. pads. I also have a few products from poorboys and megs. Question is when i have the pc on speed 1-3. it feels worthless, and it goes from speed 5 right to 6. there is no 5 1/2. is that right. i usually keep it on 5 with a polishing pad.

JasonD
01-02-2005, 04:13 PM
I feel the same as you, speeds 1-3 are only good for slinging water off the pad after washing, that`s about it. I do all my polishing efforts on 5, paint cleaning and glazing on 6, and LSP application on 4 - 4.5.

You are correct, there is no 5.5, it goes right from 5 to 6.

airjames
01-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi stluciedetail, Welcome to Autopia:up

Slow speeds such as 1-3 like you mentioned are only good for using non abrasive products such as glazing or waxing. You could bump it up to 4 if your using a wax with mild cleaners in it such as NXT, MPPP etc... Use it on 5, some people use 6 for using cleaner polishers that have abrasives that need to be worked into the finish and the case with Megs, broken down.

The PC model you have is the 7336, same thing I have also from Lowe`s. There pretty much the same thing, just different model numbers. 7424, the most know model number to detailing, 7336, and 7336SP which stands for sander/polisher. The jump from different speeds is instant and IMO, there is no 5.5, 4.3 , 2.6 etc... It`s either 1-2-3-4-5-6 Hope this helps,,,,,,AR