PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO by Cyclo

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Aurora40
01-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Anyone do this? Wow, not like I remember with the PC. :eek:

It seems that the product dries up or something. I noticed this especially if I made more than 2 passes over the paint. Even with 2 sometimes. You get this white film that is practically impossible to buff off. The white film was very prevalent inear edges and angled parts of the body.

One thing that would allow you to buff it off was to spray the panel with water and buff. But it would turn the white film into a glue and the towel would be hard to wipe over the surface. But it would get the residue off, and the sprayed water beaded up beautifully.

At first I was trying the white LC pads, and I thought a little more product would be better. I got a little gumming, so I tried spritzing the pad with water. BAD IDEA! This made it incredibly likely to haze up and be impossible to buff. Instead of edges and corners, the whole panel was like that. It got slowly better as the water dried out of it, but changing to other pads helped a lot (Cyclo green pads) because they were dry.

In the end, it seemed less product and not working it much was the way to go. But still, there was a razor line between just enough and having it buff off like a dream, and too much and requiring water to remove it.

The water trick wasn`t really so horrible, and was very effective. But all in all I was surprised. I`m sort of dissapointed because I just ordered up a 1L container of AIO. I want to start using it more as it`s a nice prep product. Maybe I`ll have to use it by PC. I don`t recall having this happen when I used to use it (been a while, though). :hm

Anyone else have this happen?

Accumulator
01-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, that`s exactly what I experienced. I just stick with the PC for AIO, I`d rather not have to really work at something that`s otherwise pretty foolproof. AIO is one of the few products that I *do not* like to use by Cyclo. Sorry you didn`t see one of my older posts on this, could`ve saved you some work.

SilverLexus
01-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks Accumulator. :xyxthumbs

Possibly saved me $300. :D

JasonD
01-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

Thanks Accumulator. :xyxthumbs

Possibly saved me $300. :D

I`m still on the fence about the cyclo too. My first experience with it was not a pleasurable one, to say the least but I am mostly blaming this on lack of experience and lack of a quality pad. I`m waiting for the Sonus pads to come out before I make my final decision on this machine. I guess we`ll have to see.

Accumulator
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Heh heh, I should`ve seen that coming :D Anybody looking for a reason to slam the Cyclo need look no farther than Klasse AIO.

For me, the incompatibility with AIO isn`t that big a deal; I only use AIO on one vehicle and it gives my PCs a little workout. 90% (or more) of the time I`m using a polish, compound, or LSP, all of which work fine by Cyclo. AIO and maybe Meg`s #80 are the only products that seem to work better by PC and I dunno about the #80 (Scottwax likes it better by PC, seemed to work OK by Cyclo for me).

Unless I have odd body contours that the Cyclo just won`t accommodate (the XJS for instance), or I`m using AIO, I`ll still choose the Cyclos over the PCs every time. But it`s not like everybody has to agree on which machine is "best" or anything :cool:

Bill D
01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Yep, AIO via PC for me too

Here`s a Benz and Jag I wouldn`t mind applying it to:

Accumulator
01-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Bill D- You`d quickly find that the Cyclo isn`t the right tool for that XKS. The hood contours are bad enough, but the area where the "flying buttresses" meet the trunk lid are even worse. The only reason I initially bought a PC was because I had to do so much of my XJS by hand. Not that you *can`t* do most of one with a Cyclo, but still...

Oh, and are you saying you *don`t* have any problems using AIO by Cyclo? I often get the hard to remove residue that Aurora40 was dealing with.

I think that "what we got here is failure to communicate..." :D

Bill D
01-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry, mean AIO via PC :o That`s just my careless, mile-a- minute desire to post my response. :o

Originally posted by Accumulator

Bill D- You`d quickly find that the Cyclo isn`t the right tool for that XKS.

Yep, sure glad I have the PC and the rotary ( wouldn`t use for that application ) in the arsenal as well :up

Scottwax
01-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Bob-I also ordered a liter of AIO for basically the same reason you did. If you haven`t used it on your windshield yet, you are really missing out.

imported_Aurora40
01-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I`ve been using mostly ColorX and Protect-All Shine Plus on windshields. I`ll give AIO a try. I tried AIO/SG a few times and it was squeaky with the wipers. Maybe AIO by itself isn`t. :)

Scottwax
01-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Not to go completely ADD here but what do you think of Protect-All`s Shine Plus?

imported_Sullybob
01-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. It seems like once I get the Cyclo pad saturated (not soaked just throughly damp) with AIO that the problem goes away. I also tried putting the AIO on the outside edges of the pad and that helped alot. I think that initally the dry outer edges of the pad caused the AIO to dry to quickly.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Gonzo
01-03-2005, 05:14 AM
I think it may be because the Cyclo generates more heat than the PC. Perhaps you can moderate the situation somewhat by priming the pads with EO W&S first, then every time you want to add more AIO give the pads another light spritz of the W&S. I used my Cyclo for AIO this way last spring in high heat and humidity without any problems.

stevet
01-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Bob-I also ordered a liter of AIO for basically the same reason you did. If you haven`t used it on your windshield yet, you are really missing out.

I tried AIO on the windshield and I get sreaks when I use the wipers. Works great on all the other windows though.

NavindraLR
01-03-2005, 08:14 AM
if you think aio by a pc is good, and the cyclo is not working for you, try the rotary with aio.. really good results, imo, noticably better than the pc...