PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on brand new Pearl White paint

Master Gaignun
01-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Hello fellow Autopians,

I have been reading the boards thoroughly for a few weeks and all the information overload have started to cause my head to spin. I spent over $100 at the Autopia store last week on microfiber towels and detailing supplies(David was kind enough to toss in an extra microfiber pad).

My new car(Pearl White paint) is two weeks old and I need some advice as to what combination to use.

Right now, I am leaning towards: AIO + NXT + P21S

However, I keep hearing: AIO + SG + P21S

I currently do not have any SG on hand and that is the reason why I`m leaning towards the AIO/NXT.

What do you guys think? Not concerned about durability, but that want the wet, gloss shine on brand new paint.

Please advise. :confused:

Thanks.

JeffM
01-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Clay after you wash it, even new cars.

AIO+UPP is nice too.

scottabir
01-02-2005, 02:30 PM
*I* think you should give the AIO+NXT +P21S a shot. I dont think you will regret it ;)

Accumulator
01-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Master Gaignun- Welcome to Autopia!

IMO either approach will be fine, though SG really does give great protection and durability.

Much more important to clay (and/or use ABC or FinishKare) to remove any ferrous contaminants. These will cause rustblooms that look just awful on pearl white, which was, BTW, the first color I remember seeing them on. My late father`s brand new Audi V8 had a bunch of them that I couldn`t get rid of because I waited too long; they showed up a few months after he got it, by then they were too well established to fully eradicate.

JeffM
01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Yup i have a few that the clay wont take out.