PDA

View Full Version : Any decent Car Wah in Los Angeles area?

Insane
01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
I`m not in a position to wash my own car since I live in an apartment complex. Can anyone recommend a car wash facility that`s fairly decent in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks in advance,

gbackus
01-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Insane

I`m not in a position to wash my own car since I live in an apartment complex. Can anyone recommend a car wash facility that`s fairly decent in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks in advance,

I recomend QEW by protectall, it eliminates the need for a hose. All the car wash facilities out here really suck.

weegee
01-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Yep. Any "hand wash" place is a nightmare because it`s swirl central.

I go to this touchless wash on white oak and burbank when I`m in a bind. It costs $7 or $8 for the full treatment and I must say does a pretty good job and leaves a good shine. I typically use near the end of my wax cycle because I`m not sure if the detergents strip the wax.

joyriiide1113
01-03-2005, 11:24 AM
that sounds like a quitter! are u a quitter "insane". i didnt think so. go out. find a place to wash it and do it. j/k.

i just wanted to mention that whenever i cant find a good spot under one of the trees or in my garage i go to my brothers home where he has the driveway covered and flourecent lights. sometimes hes not even there i just go and do my work outside...

but hey if u have no place to do it, just qew or some other waterless wash. they work well and a lot of the users use them even when they have a hose at their disposle. i think its faster and easier without the whole drying issue.

just one thing has me confused and i havent bothered to read any of the threads that have been posted lately about it. how do u clean wheels, tires, and so forth...

Insane
01-10-2005, 08:44 PM
However, I don`t consider a car as an investment, at least not mine. Therefore, I am trying to weigh the benefit hand washing with limited resource vs the quick and easy method (car wash), albeit the swirl central.

Everything in life is about compromise. You mileage may differ.

So! how does one wash the wheels with this quick wash and is this QEW available locally in LA?

Thanks in advance.

Inzane
01-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Nice screen name! And welcome to Autopia. :wavey

Hopefully people don`t have problems confusing us. :p