PDA

View Full Version : Relationships, Give/Take

Pages : [1] 2

CharlesW
11-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Because of some comments made in another thread, I thought it might be interesting to find out how the detailing hobby/addiction affects some of our relationships.
I may be in the minority here, but my wife looks at it as my golf, plus she knows who I am playing with.:D

Charles

JaredPointer
11-12-2004, 04:56 PM
My vehicles and I have grown very close. :)

NYV6Coupe
11-12-2004, 05:15 PM
My gf is very supportive `cause I keep her Accord looking good even if she never misses a puddle & parks under trees for shade. She tries to understand why, when my car is looking great, I take everything off to try a different combo.

She knows where she can find me and what I`m doing, and above all she knows that it pleases me.

When we go shopping & we park wa-a-a-y out in the parking lot (she calls it an opportunity for exercise) she smiles as much as I do when we approach the car. Sometimes she even comments on other cars we see in the parking lot, both nicely maintained & and those that are ignored.

She says some cars look so sad, like they want to hide rather than being taken out. Gotta love her, she`s my sweetheart & she`s feeding right into my obsession.

I`ve got a problem though `cause I also like hittin` the links.

Beemerboy
11-12-2004, 05:37 PM
My wife loves it 90% of the time because she drives a real clean car, and the extra cash I make doing others cars she gets to spend some :hah :hah :hah

HOwever 10% of the time I have booked cars in while she wants to go somewhere but during the good weather times I`m detailing, we can go see you father and mother in the winter! :hah

G35stilez
11-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Liz is very supportive, but sometimes my online addiction becomes too strong for her (ie: DC and Autopia).

gnev8
11-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Charles: Where`s the choice for " She thinks you`re crazy"?
I am passionate about my hobby`s (and there are others).
She thinks it`s a little obsessive. (I suppose most of us are)

But she likes having a clean car!! :D

probegt
11-12-2004, 06:18 PM
My gf is supportive to my addiction but wishes I would spend a more money on her every once in a while instead of buying products every other week.

cwcad
11-12-2004, 06:33 PM
my wife is non commital. it does not bother her but it does not please her either. cars are nothing more than a means to go shopping. my twelve year old is forever asking me why i am always trying to wash, clean up, detail, polish or wax my truck. ( i do something on it everyday). my four year old has, for the last year, been with me each and every time that i do something on the vehicle. he washes the tires and wheels or is standing on the seat trying to get the truck to move because he wants to drive. but back to my wife..... she has never told me not to. so i thinks she understands.

andriver
11-12-2004, 06:42 PM
My wife is supportive as long as I spend time on her mustang. Then she is happy.

wifehatescar
11-12-2004, 10:35 PM
My wife thinks I`m crazy...plain and simple. I still love her anyway :D

Don
11-13-2004, 05:53 AM
My vehicles and I have grown very close. :)

I still think there was a bit of underlying :ticked when my wife bought me the "It`s all about the car" t-shirt. I don`t drink, run around, gamble (except on whether or not I have time to put on another coat before it rains), and she still finds it necessary to bring up how I spend "all damn day" on my car during an arguement... to the point where I build up more stress than I relieve "relaxing" with my car.

rabbi
11-13-2004, 06:08 AM
My wife doesn`t care and my girls think I`m crazy!

dalmore
11-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Another in the crazy category. My wife likes to pick on me about it but it`s all good fun.

Luv-N-It
11-13-2004, 07:21 AM
My wife is very supportive, especially helping-I split the profit from each job w/her when she helps! I just bought a 7x16 enclosed trailer so that I can become mobile and she didn`t even blink an eye-told me "Get`er done!"

Dalmore-I crack up everytime I see your avatar. Thanks again for the stuff you mailed-the PP has came in very handy! That semi I did turned out great. I`ve actually have two more scheduled-which is one of the reasons why I bought the trailer-extra cash is rolling in! :)

f1guy68
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM
My Wife is very supportive of me!

She always understands my need for a clean car, and she is always the first to tell me that the car looks great etc.

She will even get in and help sometimes!

As I do own a detailing company, she even gets out and helps me when I have a big day!

I`ve been looking to make a bumper sticker that says "We interupt this marriage to bring you the detailing season".....lol

I would never stick it on my car, but I might prop it in the back window or something!