PDA

View Full Version : Using Zaino Z2 without ZFX?

Bioman
01-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I seem to have lost my bottle of ZFX, so I was wondering how I approach putting on the Z2 differently. The only thing that comes to mind is that without the ZFX, the Z2 will take longer to dry and haze. So I am assuming I just let it sit longer? Is this true?

If so, how long do I let the Z2 sit before I take it off?

Many Thanks.

fertzguy
01-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Yes I have found you can skip the zfx if you have a base coat already on the car with zfx. I would not do it all the time but certainly one application is ok, The cure time will depend on the temp and humidity. Worst case you can leave z2 on over nite

imported_memnuts
01-01-2005, 05:14 PM
You will not need your ZFX until you go beyond 8-10 coats or re-polish the old Z off.

Since I rarely apply more than 1 coat in a session for my daily drivers, I always just use Z2 (now Z2-PRO).

Hope you find your ZFX.

imported_Burlyq
01-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Lost? maybe someone stole it. Walked in your house and saw the rolex on one side of the room and your ZFX on the other but he could only take one thing cause you were driving up the driveway, and needless to say the Rolex was still there, right? You should be ok, the longer you let it sit on the car the better, even overnight. I leave the Z2 w/o ZFX on overnight sometimes as a "topper" after I`ve treated the whole car. Seams to make it a little slicker. If you can try it and let me know how you like it. I`ve been wanting someone else to try it and see if they like it too.

imported_pdsterns
01-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I still find it a little confusing but we talked about this in a thread I started below,

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45856

It should be helpful

SK2003TypeS
01-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I`ve used Z2 on glass without any ZFX or Z1. Seems to work fine.

imported_Burlyq
01-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, pdsterns ZFX isn`t cheap, but for what it does it has great value. One bottle of ZFX treats at least two bottles of any Zaino sealant. Nobody in the industry that I know of has an instant cure. Read the reviews on it (review section) and decide if you want to try it. ZFX makes using Zaino fun for me. The little bottles are very handy to use and with ZFX in it you can shake the bottle over paint surface and the polish is thinned out perfectly. If you use straight Zaino, you have to use much more product than when it`s treated with ZFX. Yes you don`t need ZFX for windows, but it`s helpful to add Z6 on Applicator for that task. But for the paint, once you try the ZFX you`ll understand.