PDA

View Full Version : Flooring decision

pt91
01-01-2005, 02:00 PM
I am at the point in my garage remodel to pick a flooring option.

My floor is just over 20` x 24`.

Race deck is my first option. Best quote is about $1560 delivered.

Probably the most durable and best looking option. Also most $$$.

Cheapest option (I have ruled out epoxy/paint) are 2 BLT roll out mats from Sam`s Club. About $400 and change delivered. I am concerned about the durability of these (jack stands, cabinets, etc.). I will also have to add a 2` runner in front of it to cover the entire floor.

A third option is this:

http://www.tradeshow-tiles.com/multilock.html

Not sure about the durability of these. I wonder if they are water tight or would allow water to migrate under.

The price on these are about $600 w/out delivery.

Any advice?

Porkanbeans
01-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Some guys around here have put Armstrong vinyl flooring tiles in their garage. I think most everybody that has done it saved anywhere from $50 to a couple hundred bucks over the Race-Deck type tiles. You can purchase the peel and stick type and have it done in a day. I`ve heard that the peel and stick is actually better due to even application and a few other factors. If you do this, you`ll have to rent a floor buffer and apply a sealant/wax to it shortly after you install the tiles. Personally, I`d like to do this myself. Here`s a link to the thread. (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44960) Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

pt91
01-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Tks for the link. I have read a few posts on these alternatives.

I may move someday, so I am wanting a portable system instead of something permanent.

Anyone use the MULTI-LOCK TILES? Not a bad price. Shipping might kill me though. Looks like the rubber tiles listed on Griot`s site for $4.50.

holland_patrick
01-01-2005, 06:57 PM
well Although i can`t find in on the web Home depot has a product call Multy-tile I spelled it right and everything. right now it`s 8.99 for 10 1ft sq tiles they have a slat design which would allow for good drainage and desent cleaning becaise i think i would beable to run a shop vac over it and get the sand up..or push the sand out with water. I figres out my 20x23 needs 460 sq ft of tiles

race deck 4.00 a sq ft $1840

The tiles above 2.40 sq ft 1104

Multy tile .89 $410

even if they broke down under the wieght of the cars I could replace them with the race deck tiles or something else that could hold more weight

pt91
01-01-2005, 07:15 PM
I have found Multi Lock Versa Tile in Gray for $2.78 to $3.29 (either square foot or by tile..tile is 19 5/8" x 19 5/8" x 5/16")

The charts are a little confusing. If priced by tile, the price is fair...if priced by foot, I will go with Race Deck.

I have been quoted $3.38 for Standard RaceDeck® âہ“Diamond" delivered. Not a bad price.

Not sure which Home Depot tile you are referring to.

BLT mats at Sam`s are by far the cheapest.

holland_patrick
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
well you need to go to the flooring department and ask for it not everyone has it and I had to ask to find it the spelling is right and the prices is also as you can see the size of your garage is a little bigger then mine.

pt91
01-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I will check it out tmrw...Tks

holland_patrick
01-01-2005, 08:57 PM
if you need a number for the company i did take it down

1-800-506-6664

-

countrysquire
01-01-2005, 09:40 PM
How about the MotorMat tiles? I think that they are $2.50 a foot.

imported_Todd
01-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Have you considered acid-staining the existing concrete? It`s highly durable and used in many commercial applications. I noticed this stuff all over "Sea World" when I was vacationing in Orlando and I was sold.

Here`s a pic of my new garage floor:

http://home.earthlink.net/~douano/acidstain1.jpg

pt91
01-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by countrysquire

How about the MotorMat tiles? I think that they are $2.50 a foot.

I have seen them listed on a few sites. If they were considerably cheaper than the $3.38 tile /delivered price for the race decks, I would consider.

Also, Congrats on your new `93! It looks great.:xyxthumbs