PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a PC, ok to use pad?

Acura92
01-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I just bought a PC today (7336SP) and it came with a polishing pad. Is it ok to use that pad?

i`m not looking for the best quality, but something that is good enough. Will this be suitable or is it junk?

OI812
01-01-2005, 11:41 AM
It will work, and I know some people do use it for waxing or putting on glaze. Problem is you shouldn`t mix products on the pad, and you only have one. IMO they are junk and I don`t use it.

Acura92
01-01-2005, 11:43 AM
i plan on just using it to apply wax (only have NXT at the moment) and then removing it by hand with some MF towel.

I`ll get some pads, but it won`t be soon as i have other things i need to take care off.

BTW, is there something that the PC can do that our hands can`t do besides getting the job done quicker? does it shine better or something?

i have some light swirl marks and i need to get rid of those. lol.

fertzguy
01-01-2005, 11:54 AM
good for practicing on a beater

JustinR32
01-01-2005, 01:08 PM
IMO it`s too hard and coarse for applying wax. It`s best used as a mount for mf bonnets.

Tom

imported_perry
01-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

It`s best used as a mount for mf bonnets.

That`s what I use mine for :xyxthumbs You need a clean pad to mount the bonnets on and using the PC pad allows me to make use of all the other ones I`ve bought.

Steve1996LT1
01-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Just picked up my 7336SP from Lowe`s. The pads it comes with do not look great to me. Ordered the Sonus kit today. Will be polishing away next week!

solarafied
01-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I was afraid to use mine because it was hard like a rock so I tossed it in the trash. I also recall many people saying that the pad literally fell apart as they were using it. IMHO it junk.

audipower
01-01-2005, 05:41 PM
i use it to put over a bonnet, but it`s a pain to unscrew not like a velcro pad.

I`ve had almost everybody tell me not to use it, because it`s to hard and tons of other reasons. Including quality and material.

LouisanaJeeper
01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
junk it

Acura92
01-01-2005, 10:25 PM
ok i used it. lol.

its ok though because i used it on a friend`s car :D

it works pretty good, but after that one use, its gone. lol.

I`m going to be getting some new pads. anyone can recommend me where i can get all I need to remove my swirls, apply wax/polish, take off the wax, etc. basically all i need to make my car look good again. lol. also i need the best pricings if possible.

Eliot Ness
01-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Acura92

......I`m going to be getting some new pads. anyone can recommend me where i can get all I need to remove my swirls, apply wax/polish, take off the wax, etc. basically all i need to make my car look good again. lol. also i need the best pricings if possible.

Talk to Patrick at Excel Detail:

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29307

He has about the best prices around for pads and he carries a backing plate too.

MaThGr82
01-01-2005, 11:19 PM
I used it to wax my Coffe table and Dining table.

Web Docta
01-02-2005, 06:08 AM
I was forced to use mine yesterday as I didn`t have anything else at the time and wanted to start using my PC. I used it with some white polishing compound on the hood of my car and it actually worked out OK but I plan on ordering some Propel pads and backing plate real soon.

It was the first time that I ever used a PC and I was amazed how little effort it took to get some of the nasty swirls out.