PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your chemicals?

Pages : [1] 2

mtodde
12-31-2004, 10:15 PM
I reorganized all of my chemicals today and have them sorted by brand. It looks pretty, but I think my old way of sorting by type of product (polish, swirl remover, sealant, etc.) makes more sense.

How does everyone else have their products organized?

White95Max
12-31-2004, 10:22 PM
I have nothing but a big 36x36" shelf that I have to share as a laundry table. The basement is full of boxes and crap so there is no room for another shelf even if I wanted to get one (or more).

So all of my stuff just gets stacked in a big mess of bottles/jars. When I transfer in August, I`m moving out so I`ll have my own basement. Although I`ll probably keep all of my stuff in the living room or something. :)

mtodde
12-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

I have nothing but a big 36x36" shelf that I have to share as a laundry table. The basement is full of boxes and crap so there is no room for another shelf even if I wanted to get one (or more).

So all of my stuff just gets stacked in a big mess of bottles/jars. When I transfer in August, I`m moving out so I`ll have my own basement. Although I`ll probably keep all of my stuff in the living room or something. :)

I have 4 shelves in a closet in my computer room...filled with supplies....before everything was in storage containers after I moved it in for the winter.

Porkanbeans
12-31-2004, 10:27 PM
When I`m strolling around the house with nothing to do, I`ll organize by brand because it looks good. :o

But when it`s time to get to business, they`re sorted by product type and the order in which I use them.

OCD runs in the family. :D

Bill D
01-01-2005, 12:07 AM
All the polishes and LSPs are organized by abrasive level in a portable basket. but I generally ue my 3 oz bottles I have for each. The cleaners,QDs and dressings are grouped together according to category on a shelve and stuff like mfs, appicatorsd and pads are in two rolling plastic Sterilite cabinets I got from target

Accumulator
01-05-2005, 10:53 AM
By type, but by brand within types.

stevet
01-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Same here.

imported_Aurora40
01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
^ that`s pretty much how I do it. But I keep them in sterilite containers on the shelves, and I`ve so much stuff sometimes I have to organize them by "how can I get all this stuff to fit in here?"

Accumulator
01-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

..I`ve so much stuff sometimes I have to organize them by "how can I get all this stuff to fit in here?"

Yeah, same here, so I also have them sorted by location/storage method as to how frequently I use them. The stuff I use all the time is on the sheof in the shop, the refills/extras and the seldom-used stuff is on shelves in the garage office`s closet, and the stuff I simply don`t throw away is also in the closet but in banker`s boxes.

And the spare cases of Collinite and #16 are in a basement closet in the house that maintains a constant temperature year-round. Sorta my version of a wine cellar, the Moet and Taittinger are in there too :D

shaw
01-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I kinda do it like my sock drawer. Style, color, use, etc. Then they find their own way to unorganization. Same with the chemicals. They get shaped up, but eventually look like we had a game of "musical" detailing.

And the spare cases of Collinite and #16 are in a basement closet in the house that maintains a constant temperature year-round. Sorta my version of a wine cellar, the Moet and Taittinger are in there too :D

So wax is like a fine wine. I always thought so.:xyxthumbs

mtodde
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. I think I will wind up resorting by product type and then brand.

jasonmac
01-07-2005, 11:34 AM

Ditto -- I have a hutch with three shelves on top of a three drawer unit. The supplies go on the hutch (or on top of the drawers), and the MFs, pads and other stuff (tire pressure gauge, etc.) go in the drawers.

Flexin
01-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Mine are done by type.

James

SVR
01-17-2005, 06:04 AM
All by brand. Starting with the taller bottles first.

JJ_
01-17-2005, 06:38 AM
By type, then by exterior and interior. Two shelfs.