PDA

View Full Version : I`m now at 3 coats of UPP...Can it get any better?

White95Max
12-31-2004, 08:06 PM
According to the pictures of TW85 HHI`s Solara, YES. Yes it CAN get better....after I apply Paste Glaz over the UPP. Until then, here`s a few teaser shots with AIO + UPPx3:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/White95Max/SpoilerUPPx3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/White95Max/ShoesFeetReflecPSQP.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/White95Max/MirrorPSQP.jpg

I hope to add Paste Glaz to the equation this week, but we`ll have to see if the weather cooperates with that plan.

SilverLexus
12-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Paul,

That last shot tells a real flattering story. You may have found the Maxima`s magic bullet formulation.

I`m interested in seeing what Paste Glaz does. You may want to try Signature. :bounce

White95Max
12-31-2004, 08:57 PM
I think I will be ordering some Signature in the spring. I detail many cars other than my own, so I think I`ll use Pinnacle pastes for all colors--Paste Glaz for lights and Signature for darks. Signature is made for all colors right?

Otherwise I might go with S100/P21S or liquid Souveran when I do darker color cars.

If I do get some Signature, I`ll definitely try it on my car.

TW85 HHI
12-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Signature is for metallic paints, Paste Glaz for light colors (though Signature now takes its place), and obviously Souveran for dark.

Corey Bit Spank
01-01-2005, 12:44 AM
schaweeeet!!

White95Max
01-02-2005, 10:34 PM
OK Paste Glaz has gone on. It looks awesome under the streetlights, as any light color car driver would know.

I even snapped a picture of it while I was at the gas station. :p

I`ll try to get some daylight pics tomorrow.

I saw at Autogeek and Pinnacle`s site that you can`t buy PG by itself anymore. You have to buy the $70 kit to get it. :(

Luckily, after this jar is up (there`s a tiny bit left on the bottom), I have one full jar left. So I`ll still have my beautiful Paste Glaz for another year. :)

Scottwax
01-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Looks great! UPP really excels on lighter colors and metallics.

TW85 HHI
01-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Paul,

Todd (mtodde) is trying to talk me into trading my extra jar of Signature for his extra jar of Paste Glaz. Haven`t decided if I want to yet but given Paste Glaz has been discontinued, I may do it. Like I said in another post, Signature removed the slickness of UPP while Paste Glaz kept it. That in itself is an advantage.

White95Max
01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Paul,

Todd (mtodde) is trying to talk me into trading my extra jar of Signature for his extra jar of Paste Glaz. Haven`t decided if I want to yet but given Paste Glaz has been discontinued, I may do it. Like I said in another post, Signature removed the slickness of UPP while Paste Glaz kept it. That in itself is an advantage.

I would think Todd, having a silver car, would love PG too. #16 took the slickness away from UPP when I tried it. I wonder what it is about Paste Glaz that allows the slickness to remain? :nixweiss

TW85 HHI
01-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Todd and I rave about the newest combinations we use yet neither of us try the other`s recommendations. I suspect Lee saying Paste Glaz "yellows" the paint has kept Todd from trying it (he had three jars of it at one point, now he has two).

White95Max
01-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Todd and I rave about the newest combinations we use yet neither of us try the other`s recommendations. I suspect Lee saying Paste Glaz "yellows" the paint has kept Todd from trying it (he had three jars of it at one point, now he has two).

My car is a bright white now. I have never experienced this "yellowing".

I took some pictures earlier. I`ll see if I can get them uploaded today. I`ve got plenty to do here at work, and I`m going out of town for the night at 2:30, so I may have to wait until tomorrow to upload the pics.

TW85 HHI
01-03-2005, 10:53 AM
I haven`t noticed yellowing or darkening either.

mtodde
01-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I just love the look of Signature...that`s all. I have so many products that I can`t try them all, LOL. And even of I trade a second jar, I`ll still have one left. I bought 2 on the buy one get one sale & TW85 was going to buy the second one. Then they came out with the 12 products promo and I wound up with a third jar which I traded along with some EX for 1z UP, PP & MP which gives me a whole new line of polishes to play with...

Right now, I am loving the EX-P+...I have VM + EX-P x2 + EX-P+. In the next few weeks I`ll clay & do VM + EX-P+ x2. I should have enough EX-P+ left for that. Greg & I have the same products pretty much (well he doesn`t have EX-P+ or Perls wash, LOL), but we tried them in different order which has probably influenced our tastes some...they are all good products and our cars are well prepped which helps a lot.