PDA

View Full Version : Souveran over Zaino?

Pages : [1] 2

Intercooled
12-31-2004, 07:51 PM
Anyone ever use Souveran over Zaino on a black car?

Does it make it any wetter or deeper?

what happens to the slickness?

bigpoppa
12-31-2004, 07:59 PM
I don`t think it makes the surface any slicker, but it does raise the depth a notch. All in all, I`d say it makes a modest improvement, nothing spectacular, but worthwhile.

jimmybuffit
12-31-2004, 08:07 PM
No, I`ve not done that. Souveran over Klasse Twins? Yeah!!!

However...

If it does work, YOU will be the only one who notices the $60 investment.

Jim

imported_Burlyq
12-31-2004, 10:22 PM
I`ve put a topper on Zaino and it makes the look wet as anything, but I think it effects long term durability. It depends on what`s important to you. My favorite is Natty`s or s100. I`ve heard there`s no reason to top the new z2pro because it`s a noticably wetter look but I haven`t tried it yet, did you use the pro?

oldblu
01-01-2005, 04:36 AM
I have tried Souveran over many paint sealants and found it does make a big drifferance. But,I must say that I got some of the Pinnacle Signature Series wax that cost half as much and for some reason seems to work better as a topper.:xyxthumbs

Intercooled
01-01-2005, 06:55 AM
BurlyQ, I am thinking ahead for the spring. I`m going to order the Z2 pro. My black car is my garage queen. I`m considering either Z2Pro or EX. Either topped with Souveran.

Dtail
01-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by bmax

I have tried Souveran over many paint sealants and found it does make a big drifferance. But,I must say that I got some of the Pinnacle Signature Series wax that cost half as much and for some reason seems to work better as a topper.:xyxthumbs

Souveran looked really good on my black car. But after trying it on my new red metallic car, it just didn`t give me the WOW like it did on my black car. I actually preferred s100 over PS. I just ordered PSG (pinnacle signature) hopefully won`t let me down.

Brent13
01-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I recently tried Souveran as a topper over Zaino on my Laser Red Mustang and I was a little disapointed. I also have tried S100 and actually prefer it to Souveran too.

imported_memnuts
01-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Intercooled

BurlyQ, I am thinking ahead for the spring. I`m going to order the Z2 pro. My black car is my garage queen. I`m considering either Z2Pro or EX. Either topped with Souveran.

You might want to wait before buying a topper for Z2-PRO. It is quite an amazingly wet and deep all by itself.

Look at abay if you still want a couple of good topper carnuabas. ;)

Intercooled
01-02-2005, 09:03 AM
I have had Souveran for a few months now and have not tried it yet. Maybe I`ll just use it over EX which I am going to try for the first time also. I`ll use the Z2 pro on my other vehicles and try it on the black car for the mid summer detail. :nixweiss

Thanks for the input and advice.

DETAILKING
01-03-2005, 10:42 AM
I didn`t notice much difference either and then I had to make sure I got all the carnuba off the car to zaino some more. Wasn`t worth it in my opinion......

But here are the pics.......one with Zaino only and one with a soveran topper.....

http://fototime.com/5210CB80780EA7A/orig.jpg

http://fototime.com/B8CF162AA0BB101/orig.jpg

These pictures are over a year old, but were taken in the same area, same time of day about a week or so apart. Can you tell which pic is the Zaino only?

truvette
01-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

These pictures are over a year old, but were taken in the same area, same time of day about a week or so apart. Can you tell which pic is the Zaino only?

Are the "Zaino only" pictures the ones on the bottom half of both picture sets? If so, I notice the top half of the pictures of both sets have a darker appearance with more depth.

What are you using on your tires? I really like the level of gloss and shine you are getting.

nizee
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

I didn`t notice much difference either and then I had to make sure I got all the carnuba off the car to zaino some more. Wasn`t worth it in my opinion......

But here are the pics.......one with Zaino only and one with a soveran topper.....

http://fototime.com/5210CB80780EA7A/orig.jpg

http://fototime.com/B8CF162AA0BB101/orig.jpg

Picture on top with Souveran topper and picture on the bottom just Zaino alone.

:xyxthumbs

Intercooled
01-03-2005, 12:56 PM
WOW!! Thats a significant difference i appearance!! Great Photos to show the comparison. I think I`ll try topping Z this spring.

Is topping Z2 or Z5 have any difference in appearance?

DETAILKING
01-03-2005, 01:47 PM
You guys are gonna kill me......but I can`t remember which is which. I have the individual pictures at home labeled so will go home and let you know.....

As for tires...that was my FAVORITE TIRE PRODUCT OF ALL TIME.....turtle wax tire gel. They don`t make it anymore.....oh well.

Now I use Z16 or Armor all with a lower sheen........