PDA

View Full Version : 60+ coats of Zaino.

Pages : [1] 2 3

clivej
12-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys,

Need more help again, PITA, I know!. However here is my problem. I own a 98 Lexus GS 400, black. This car is not a clear coat finish. I currently have over 60 coats of zaino applied. Recently my car was hit, busted the head light and damaged the hood, result, new hood and repainted both fenders and bumber to colour match and clear coated. Remainder of the car has swirls. How would you proceed? The paint job was done on 12/27/04.

Thanks Clive

buttashine
12-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Strip with AIO. Fix swirls. Wash with Z7. Put 60 more coats on, lol. Good luck man.

What did your car look like with 60 coats of Zaino?

NavindraLR
12-31-2004, 06:06 PM
60 coats of zaino? damn...:shocked do you usually detail the car yourself, or take it somewhere? you`re going to need a somewhat moderate polish, and a pc to effectively get out the swirls. its possible by hand, but id pay someone to do my car, before i resorted to do it by hand...

i didnt know that lexus did not have clearcoats on some of their cars for 98??? what colors?

tailwind
12-31-2004, 06:07 PM
My money says it looked the same as a car with 3 coats.

Do you have an orbital or rotary buffer?

LouisanaJeeper
12-31-2004, 06:07 PM
60 layers of zaino is pointless IMHO

i hope you told the painter you had a sealant on there before painting so he would do enough prep to the blended areas to remove all the old sealant

what you should do is leave it be and wash it weekly. you can probably clay the non painted areas now to remove the overspray, then wax the non-painted areas

after 3 months (ask painter for exact time before re-wax) you should polish the whole thing them re-wax

clivej
12-31-2004, 06:10 PM
I recently bougnt the PC and the SONUS Pads. Have not used it yet. The work i do myself. I am trying to post Pics but pic are too large. Need help.

Thanks, clive

NavindraLR
12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
what polishes do you have? try uploading them on photobucket.com... im pretty sure it resizes them, and best of all.. its free:D

if you want, attach them to a email and send them to me, i`ll post them for you

nramharack@yahoo.com

stevet
12-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by clivej

Hi Guys,

Need more help again, PITA, I know!. However here is my problem. I own a 98 Lexus GS 400, black. This car is not a clear coat finish. I currently have over 60 coats of zaino applied. Recently my car was hit, busted the head light and damaged the hood, result, new hood and repainted both fenders and bumber to colour match and clear coated. Remainder of the car has swirls. How would you proceed? The paint job was done on 12/27/04.

Thanks Clive

Do you really believe that you actually had 60 coats of Zaino on there? You might have applied 60 applications but no way there is 60 coats on there.

Scottwax
12-31-2004, 06:15 PM
You have a real issue with the body shop. They should not have clearcoated the repaired areas, in a few years or less you will probably have problems with the paint matching. You should go to your insurance company and tell them the car was not returned to original factory condition. Get that sorted out first.

jfelbab
12-31-2004, 06:16 PM
I have yet to see a paint job of a single stage mixed with a CC that wasn`t obvious. I`d either have them single stage the repaired area to match or cc the whole vehicle.

NavindraLR
12-31-2004, 06:17 PM
damn body shops.. gotta watch out for them.. trickery :lol

clivej
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks Guys,

This is the sort of stuff I need to know, Hope its not too late.

NavindraLR
12-31-2004, 06:24 PM
it`s never too late if the f***ed up

clivej
12-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Is there a difference in terms of # of applications and # of coats. Been using Zaino for 3 yrs plus on this car.

Clive

clivej
12-31-2004, 06:28 PM
I have not yet bought any other polishes except for zaino, thinking of getting ssr2 & 2.5. Not sure of next step but i want to finish with zaino.