PDA

View Full Version : window tint

joyriide1113
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
well so far ive upgraded my window tint 3x`s. i did 15% the first time. then i added 20% over the 15. and finally i put 5% limo over the both of them. in total i have 3 layers and in the police gun it reads 0%.

how dark are your tints?
and how strict is u`re state.

here in florida its "supposedly" real strict but i live in miami.the limit on percentage is 28%. ive only gotten stopped once in the past year on i-95 by a state trooper. i dont think local cops really care.

oh and yes i can see. day is no problem. just at night its kinda harder and u gotta be more careful if u`re in an un lit area. if u`re in the city and theres city lights im still clear as a bird

Limited-Liberty
11-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Well i just took my tint off of my car. I got pulled over last saturday night :mad: and then sunday night i got pulled over again :angry . The second trooper let me off seeing the night before i recived a ticket for the tint already. I just told him i didnt have a chance to take it off yet. The first trooper tint gun read 12%. He said you gotta have 70% light coming in and that none tinted widwows let 70% in. :dunno I had the tint on for almost 2yrs too and never had any problems. I have always had local police and troopers pull up next to me at a light and never did anything. I plan on putting a lighter tint on there and see where that gets me but i am also considering just leaving it off. Oh ya here in new york you are allowed to have any of the other rear windows as dark as you want but the front driver and passenger doors are a no no.

Beemerboy
11-12-2004, 12:19 PM
They have tint guns that`s a new on me!

I`d go with what ever the factor puts on the cars. My Murano has tinted windows and they are dark enough for me.

If you are having problems seeing at night in un-lit areas then IMO your windows are to dark and you are endangering yourself and others.

That`s my .02

joyriide1113
11-12-2004, 12:42 PM
here in florida the window tint in the front passenger and driver are at 28% front windshield first 6 inches (any percent) and back windows as dark as u want.

i keep wanting to take em off and put a standard layer of limo tint on it but i havent had any money just fall into my pocket for it. plus. i like em that dark. but i presume limo is dark enough and plus ive driven my gf`s altima and she has 5% and i see soo much better. oh well.

shotime
11-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Well i just took my tint off of my car. I got pulled over last saturday night :mad: and then sunday night i got pulled over again :angry . The second trooper let me off seeing the night before i recived a ticket for the tint already. I just told him i didnt have a chance to take it off yet. The first trooper tint gun read 12%. He said you gotta have 70% light coming in and that none tinted widwows let 70% in. :dunno I had the tint on for almost 2yrs too and never had any problems. I have always had local police and troopers pull up next to me at a light and never did anything. I plan on putting a lighter tint on there and see where that gets me but i am also considering just leaving it off. Oh ya here in new york you are allowed to have any of the other rear windows as dark as you want but the front driver and passenger doors are a no no.

I see you`re from the same area I live in. Cops are writing tickets like crazy to make up for state budget shortfalls, and you`re not getting off them in court like you used to. They may reduce the charge, but the fine they fine you a lot.

00GREENMACHINE
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
I am going to do my car, but legal. 35% all the way around.
I dont like wasting money.