PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to better wax..

Pages : [1] 2

porterror
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Well. I`ve been waxing and getting addicted to keeping my car ultra clean now. I got my girlfriend and family thinking i`m obsessed. So just like to thank you all for getting my *** in trouble, first.

I`ve been using NXT Tech wax for a while now with after just washing my car with NXT car wash. I`ve been reading alot of good stuff about clay bar`n before so i`m purcashing (clay magic kit), but I want to try a different wax, or something better than NXT after i claybar this time around. I live in south jersey, so its gettin kinda cold here, but i keep my car in the garage.

Any suggestions on a different wax to use? I`m totally happy with NXT tech, but don`t really know anything else but that.

right now i`m getting

- Autoglym Glass Polish

- Clay Magic Kit

- Plexus Plastic Polish

- Sonus Cockpit Detailer

And i`d like to add a wax to that purchase, any ideas?? or suggestions on any of my addiction?

- Keith

White95Max
12-30-2004, 10:47 PM
what color is your car?

You may want to get a sealant too. My favorite is 4* UPP.

Scottwax
12-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Just try topping NXT with Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax. I find it to be an excellent combo and #16 adds noticable wetness to NXT.

White95Max
12-30-2004, 11:04 PM
I second that. #16 is always a good choice. It looked great on my car over UPP, so I`d imagine it also looks great over NXT.

porterror
12-30-2004, 11:11 PM
red is my color!!

porterror
12-30-2004, 11:19 PM
sorry i`m noob. I was definatly looking at #16, but what is UPP?? I also saw some people saying to do an AOE before waxing? but isn`t claying good enough??

imported_Burlyq
12-30-2004, 11:25 PM
If you want a top rated sealant I`d go with klasse twins or Zaino.

For wax I like p21s or Natty`s.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-klasse.html

Scottwax
12-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by porterror

sorry i`m noob. I was definatly looking at #16, but what is UPP?? I also saw some people saying to do an AOE before waxing? but isn`t claying good enough??

What you might want to do is download the e-book and also find DavidB`s article on the perfect shine (just do a search, I am not sure where it is). That should give you some additional information about detailing in general and answer most of the questions you have.

The most important think is prepping the paint. If done correctly, the wax or sealant isn`t going to make a huge difference.

Burlyq-I didn`t know you`d already tried Nattys. I take it you like it?

White95Max
12-30-2004, 11:39 PM
UPP is FourStar Ultimate Paint Protection.

http://www.autogeek.net/plcarcapr.html

porterror
12-30-2004, 11:45 PM
hmm, think the p21 is too expensive for right now. I`m going to try NXT Tech wax -> #16 . How long should i wait between coats? And what do you guys suggest doing Clay -> Pre-wax? And should i use that All-in-One stuff on autotopia?

White95Max
12-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Yes...clay first, then a cleaner like All-In-One.

Most people agree with 24hrs between coats of waxes or sealants.

You DON`T have to wait to apply coats of cleaners or polishes. Apply the first layer of wax/sealant right after the cleaner, but let it cure for 24hrs before adding a 2nd coat.

imported_Burlyq
12-31-2004, 12:11 AM
P21s is also s100 and can be bought for 15 bucks at a harley dealership porterror.

Yes I tried Natty`s and liked it very much for the money. Seams like it might be deeper that p21s and I like the coconut smell better. However, I still love my s100, it`s a nice shine and I`ve been doing some durabilty testing and it is doing better than I previously thought. I`m waiting for a sample pack from tropicare and I`m going to try Wolf and Tropicare on one side and Natty`s and p21s/s100 on the other. I use my own test results for what I put in my business. It will either be s100 or Natty`s depending on what my findings are. After I test for durabilty I will test on a dark car and see if there`s a difference in looks that would make me keep them both. They are both priced right for business, or people trying to save money and still get great results.

porterror
12-31-2004, 12:23 AM
Don`t have any harley dealerships near me really. No place online to get P21 cheap? $31 seems outragous. I can drop the $12 - $16 for #16 wax. Is this stuff worth it?

http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/kus-kla-10.html

i heard to use

Wash -> clay bar -> Klasse All-in-one -> NXT -> #16

that sound like a plan?

ncal
12-31-2004, 01:06 AM
P21S is definately worth it, although many contend that S100 is the same and half the price. I wouldn`t say $31 is outrageous at all actually seeing as you can drop a ton on a small jar of Souveran, or a bottle of FMJ. You definately can`t go wrong with #16 though; cheap, looks great, and durable.

porterror
12-31-2004, 01:22 AM
hmm, i`ll try this #16 out to see if i can get better results than just using NXT by itself. I`m also excited to see the difference by using Klasse AIO before starting the waxing process. Will i see much better results doing that?