PDA

View Full Version : Is any wax good over NXT?

kaos
11-12-2004, 01:51 AM
I`ve read several threads about Natty`s being good to use over a coat of NXT. Just wondering, is pretty much any wax a good thing to put over NXT? Gonna do the truck up tomorrow, and I`ve got some NXT that I just picked up that must be tried. :D The waxes I have available for tomorrow are Meg`s Deep Crystal wax and Gold Class wax. Is either one going to perform well over the NXT? Mainly looking for protection for the winter, and from what I read, I gather that the majority of the actual protection factor will come from the nxt, but the wax over it helps for gloss and longevity, correct?

John Styrnol
11-12-2004, 02:29 AM
You should be ok with those two, but if they contain cleaners they will strip the NXT off. I`ve had good results with S100 though. Wait about 12-24 hours before topping the NXT. If you want, you could also just put another layer of NXT on at that time.

Larry A
11-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Deep Crystal should be fine, I think Gold Class has some cleaners in it . Like John said just put on another coat of NXT.

JaredPointer
11-12-2004, 10:53 AM
If you have a local motorcycle (Harley) shop, go get some S100. It looks great over NXT.

Patrick
11-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Deep Crystal should be fine, I think Gold Class has some cleaners in it . Like John said just put on another coat of NXT.

Well, NXt has some cleaning ability also, S100 would be a better choice but seeing how thats not available to you, and everything else appears to have some mild cleaners in it... :dunno

kimwallace
11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
You will probably find that the look from 2 coats of NXT will look better than topping it with Gold Class. This is just my opinion ...
NXT also looks better the next day than when it is first applied.

John Styrnol
11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
NXT also looks better the next day than when it is first applied.

I also agree, it did look nicer the next day, then I put S100 on it.

MattZ28
11-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Gold Class will remove NXT.

zesty-man
11-13-2004, 04:49 PM
if you can, try to get a pure carnuba wax. those should contain less cleaners than cleaner waxes.

TheSopranos16
11-13-2004, 05:42 PM
I believe the deep crystal wax is pure and contains no cleaners so that is probably your best bet. IMO, Gold Class and another coat of NXT are both bad choices because they contain cleaners which will remove the previous coat.

C_Rock77
03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
You should be ok with those two, but if they contain cleaners they will strip the NXT off. Wait about 12-24 hours before topping the NXT. If you want, you could also just put another layer of NXT on at that time.

How would that work? Since we all know NXT has cleaners, wouldn`t you be stripping off the 1st layer of NXT and be back where you started?

scrub
03-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Try Megs 26 as a topper for NXT. Gave my dark green GT a nice wet and dark look.

CharlesW
03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
How would that work? Since we all know NXT has cleaners, wouldn`t you be stripping off the 1st layer of NXT and be back where you started?I`m pretty sure that I read a post by Mike Phillips that if NXT is worked into the paint the cleaners will remove some of a previous application.
If it is just wiped on, the cleaners do very little and the second application does add to the first.

Charles

C_Rock77
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I`m pretty sure that I read a post by Mike Phillips that if NXT is worked into the paint the cleaners will remove some of a previous application.
If it is just wiped on, the cleaners do very little and the second application does add to the first.

Charles

ahhh....good to know. So, if you just try to apply a THIN layer of NXT.....like you would any other sealant, it just lays over. IF you work it in like w/ a PC, it starts to clean off whatever is on the metal. I guess that`s how the booster wax works. If you spray it on an applicator and lightly spread it, is it like applying another layer of NXT?

I guess I`m gonna hijack this thread b/c noone has answered my ? about layering SEALANTS over NXT. WHAT SEALANTS could be layered over NXT w/o removing the NXT layer....what would bond properly to the NXT?

Brenton
03-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I`m always impressed with NXT, but it is so hard to use I seldom bother. It just isn`t satisfying to me.
Good advice so far, but NXT+NXT sounds okay.