PDA

View Full Version : Black Specs

Kenney
12-29-2004, 05:03 PM
I have some black specks on the lower panel of my car and I do not know how to get rid of them. I have tried claying them using a claymagic bar with a lube of 50% S&W and 50% distilled qater, but they are still there. Should I try some PB APC and see if that helps? If so, what ratio? Is my best bet a more aggresive clay? If I cant get them off, I can live with it, but will it hurt the paint if If I seal it with Zaino?

Also, I have some small amounts of tar under the car where the side skirts are, can I use APC to remove that? If so, what ratio?

Thanks

fertzguy
12-29-2004, 06:10 PM
You might try something like Stoners Tarminator or similar product and I would also give a stronger clay a shot. One of these methods should work

Kenney
12-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Any recommendations for a stronger clay?

jimmybuffit
12-29-2004, 06:27 PM
A stronger clay might help, but we find a mild solvent ( AutoInt`s New Car Prep, Prepsol, etc) is quite effective, when allowed to dwell for several minutes. If it is tar, you`ll begin to see brown `streams` running down after a few moments, as it dissolves.

This is a frequent issue, and it is a question of degree. Frequently, Klasse AIO cleans it up, with just a little extra effort.

Good Luck!

Jim

Kenney
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
The spots are really small and dont really bother me so can I seal the paint with them still there or would that be bad?

Thanks

imported_Bence
12-29-2004, 07:02 PM
AIO... I`m with Jimmy

JeffM
12-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Go over it with some AIO, maybe they will go away, maybe they wont, if it doesnt bother you, seal em up.

usdm
12-29-2004, 10:09 PM
I tend to run into this a bit, so I usually just spray some

prepsol around the lower fender, lower doors, and wheel

well areas before doing a wash. In absence of that (like when

I do happen to miss a spot durig the wash, or the job is an

express), I use Gliptone probuff, PB PWC, TOL Snap Seal,

or AIO with a heavy terry towel, then follow up with a lighter

one. Not all at once, mind you, but whatever I have on hand.

stilez
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
I would say first try a good Bug and Tar Remover or APC. I would say dilute the APC 10:1, spray, let sit for 1 min, then lightly remove with an MF. If you see it work, then continue this until it is all off.

A more aggressive clay might work as well. Clay Magic Red comes to mind and the lube you have now is fine.

I`m not familiar with solvent treatment, so see Jimmy Buffit`s post for that.

Lastly, wetsanding should be your last approach, but don`t attempt without the proper education and rotary polisher.