PDA

View Full Version : RaggTopp and Beading

Peter Crowl
12-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Over on MINI2 there have been discussions about convertible top maintenance. I`ve recently brought RaggTopp in to my collection but haven`t used it just yet.

Others have and after a few applications they still aren`t getting beading. Seems strange.

Anybody have experience with this?

Peter..in Denver

old_gonzo
12-29-2004, 11:40 AM
No hands on experience with the RaggTop products, but I can recommend the 303 products for cloth top care.

I`ve had very good luck with the protectant that they make for cloth tops. Always nice beading after an application. :up

imported_memnuts
12-29-2004, 12:10 PM
I have been using RaggTopp for several years. My Z28 carvas top beads as well as the painted Zaino`d surfaces. Small tight beads that literally roll off the canvas. This stuff Rocks. Very easy to apply (I usually apply 2 coats) and really resist penetration of dirt into the canvas material. I can only praise this product. This is the product recommended by the manufacturer of my top and it has really allowed the canvas appearance including threading to look like new on this garage queen. :xyxthumbs

shaw
12-29-2004, 12:42 PM
RaggTopp is an awesome product. It beaded right from the get go for me and continues to with regular maintenance. Make sure that the right product is used (vinyl or fabric). The vinyl protectant is a great interior dressing for the "no shine" look. The UV protection is extremely high.

I would call Wolfsteins and talk to Rick. He will take the time to listen and advise you on any concerns that you may have. Rick is top shelf.

sinbad
12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
My experiences with Raggtop on a Porsche Boxster are also good. I applied 3 coats (waiting 10-20 minutes between coats) and then 1 coat every few months. The water beads very well and rolls right off while driving.

fertzguy
12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
i have used it for years and it beads like crazy. maybe its something wierd like you forgot to shake the can well or something