PDA

View Full Version : QEW and wash mitts

zesty-man
12-28-2004, 05:57 PM
everytime i use QEW, it seems that my wash mitts appear to become slightly brown, and everytime i use that same wash mitt again, it becomes a little bit browner. however, when i machine wash the wash mitt, its white again.

i was wondering, do you guys experience the same thing that i do when using QEW. i use the two bucket method and rinse, and i still have this problem. what do you guys do about it? how many wash mitts do you use?

thanks

mtodde
12-28-2004, 06:02 PM
That`s a great question...I really haven`t thought about it, but my QEW mitts have been getting brownish too.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-28-2004, 06:21 PM
I think what your getting is the finer dirt particles that would normally be rinsed off before you would sudz up using conventional methods.....Make sense ?

zesty-man
12-28-2004, 07:48 PM
sorry patrick, you lost me a bit... wouldnt all those particles come off if i used QEW anyway?

stevet
12-28-2004, 08:53 PM
My wash mitts get very dirty using QEW. Even when I wash them in the washing machine they never regain the original color.

mtodde
12-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by stevet

My wash mitts get very dirty using QEW. Even when I wash them in the washing machine they never regain the original color.

Thats why I`ve designated two for QEW use only. They come clean, but the color is a bit darker on both of them. It seems like a chemical reaction of some sort.

tkr128
12-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Mine are darker as well, but they come clean in the washer with a little detergent.

STBear
12-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I have noticed the same thing. They come clean but never as clean as when I used regular washing shampoo. I use 2 mitts. One for most of the truck and a seperate one for the lower body panels.

zesty-man
12-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by STBear

I have noticed the same thing. They come clean but never as clean as when I used regular washing shampoo. I use 2 mitts. One for most of the truck and a seperate one for the lower body panels.

yea, thats what i like to do also. i dont like the idea of rubbing all that dirt from the bottom of your car on your hood etc etc.

hirosh
12-29-2004, 01:21 AM
one of my wash mitts got dirty (more like stained) and wouldn`t come clean no matter how many times i rinsed it with my hose.

yet, the other two wash mitts i`ve used, both viking - one is a sheep skin one, the other is a chenelle(sp?) covered one, seem to come clean when i rinse them under my water hose. i also use the two bucket method, or use a water hose if the rinse bucket gets too dirty.

General Lee
12-29-2004, 04:36 AM
I have had good luck so far (knock on wood) with my mitts coming out clean after machine washing them after QEW. I try and wash them immeadiately if I can.

Do you guys feel like the QEW makes your hands feel kinda dry and bitter?

jasonmac
12-29-2004, 06:22 AM
Same here re: machine washing -- I throw them in right after I`m done.

zesty-man
12-29-2004, 04:05 PM
the only thing that worries me about machine washing my mitts are that they will deterioate quickly. i wanna hear what scottwax has to say about this

scottabir
12-29-2004, 04:08 PM
I machine wash all of mine after every wash. I have the same ones for about 6 months now and they still function great. I do use chenille wash pads though not a regular "mitt"

zesty-man
12-29-2004, 04:11 PM
hmmm, was there a differenc between wash mitt and chenille pad? i know scottwax also uses those chenille pads too.