PDA

View Full Version : Which Products Should be in Next Guru Tests?

imported_Burlyq
12-28-2004, 04:32 PM
I`m starting this thread so people can represent their favorite sealant/wax or something they are interested in knowing how it performs, and hopefully we can figure a way for Guru Reports to get this information. This is the best detailing site on the web and I personally think that Guru would be interested in what Autopians have to say.

imported_Burlyq
12-28-2004, 04:35 PM
I personally would like to see how Autoglym (twins) performs, I would use this as a buying guide because I`m pretty comfortable in what I`m currently using. I here this product is like klasse but with easier application. Since I use klasse and like klasse, this would be of benefit to me. So my request would be please Guru Tests include this product.

DETAILKING
12-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Too bad no one from GURU reads this forum.....

buttashine
12-28-2004, 05:00 PM
NXT

JasonD
12-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

Too bad no one from GURU reads this forum.....

I thought I just read a post by someone that had a hand in doing the testing for those reports just a day or two ago. Might be wrong though.

JaCkaL829
12-28-2004, 05:30 PM
I`m pretty sure I read that member geekysteve was one of the tester/evaluater for guru reports. I`m not sure if he still is on the forums or if he still works for the guru reports. :nixweiss

I personally like to evaluate the products myself. The guru reports are a good guide, but there are so many factors that can throw off a product`s performance.

Scottwax
12-28-2004, 05:37 PM
If they do another test, I think the products should be used on vehicles instead of test panels and as many products as possible on the same vehicle. Newer GM and Ford paints seem to bead for a very long time, even when not waxed and that could affect the results. If some products are used on a Tahoe for example, and others on single stage white Accord, that could skew the results in favor of those used on the Tahoe.

I guess whatever new products have come out, I`d like to see tested.

imported_NHBFAN
12-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Hope they don`t test products that are about to be changed due to VOA compliance.

imported_Burlyq
12-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Well, so far if any one from Guru read this they wouldn`t have many useful recommendations, I was expecting more from Autopian`s. The first test only included 46 waxes. Would anybody wager a guess on how many products are available 1,000, 10,000, more? They can`t test them all. So anybody else have any suggestions on products that they should include or is this post just gonna go to the dogs?

Scottwax
12-28-2004, 05:49 PM
I am quite sure geekysteve is well aware of all the new products out there and will test as many as he can. He is the one laying out the cash to conduct the tests and he does purchase them himself.

If you are so concerned, contact Guru Reports or find Steve on roadfly and talk to him yourself.

JasonD
12-28-2004, 05:56 PM
I agree, even though I just ordered the reports a couple days ago. 1) I wanted to see what everyone was talking about, and 2) Like you said, its nice to have a heads up of how a product is going to work without having to buy it first.

Bill D
12-28-2004, 06:50 PM
From what I was told and read, it`s going to take a LONG time before another wax and/or polish,etc test is done. Next up from Guru`s is supposed to be a radar detector test.

Wasatch
12-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

2) Like you said, its nice to have a heads up of how a product is going to work without having to buy it first.

That`s what I use Autopia and Detail City for.

imported_Burlyq
12-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Actually scott I went of to roadfly thanks for the tip. It looks like, if this is the guy your talking about, he`s doing the tests like you want. All on the same panel, at least this test. I hadn`t seen this one before. looks like an old date much earlier this year so maybe you`ve seen this 1.

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/detailing/4649930-1.html

Scottwax
12-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Old test, but yeah, that is geekysteve, the guy who did the Guru testing.

Regardless of the test results, I am getting at least 3 months of beading and good appearance from NXT.