PDA

View Full Version : Newbie On The Boards!

Neo62381
12-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Hello All,

My names Danny and I have just discovered this site a little less than a month ago, I really can`t wait to get started and have soo much that I need to learn. I am a proud owner of a one of a kind car (only 250 some in existence) a black motorsports edition Dodge Intrepid R/T. It was previously owned my Bill Davis racing in NC and I`m guessing that when the company had it they were constaly hiring people to take care of it. As a result, I`m sure you can probably guess there are swirl marks all over this car, when i first got it, i didnt really care about the swirls and such in the way that i should have....now that i have discovered this board, I have realized what an importance it is, and how much better my car could look. I`m still going to keep reading and searching the forums trying to learn more....but I have yet to do anything yet.....mainly becasue if i do, i want to get it right the first time,....ANY SUGGESTIONS?

JeffM
12-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Get a pc from lowes, some good polish, clay, some pads for the pc such as sonus or lc.

Accumulator
12-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Neo62381 - Welcome to Autopia!

Do a little research (i.e., "searching" ;) ) here and you`ll find a lot of suggestions for swirl removal.

Also study up on wash/dry techniques so you can *keep* it nice, as, IMO, most marring (such as swirls) happens during the wash/dry process.

Short answer- Get the PC and a bunch of pads. Get some 3M PI-III RC (pn 05933) and PI-III MG (pn 05937). Those are the basics for removing marring and they work well.

Mr Monk
12-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Welcome Neo62381. :welcome

Hey, great car. How about a few pics?!!!!

Neo62381
04-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Here we go. Keep In mind that all these are "pre-autopian":p http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Neo62381/DSC00475.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Neo62381/DSC00477.jpg

MongooseGA
04-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Not quite one of a kind (more like 1 in 250) but that`s a real low production number. It`s the first one I`ve ever seen ;)

:welcome: To the boards. There`s lots of info here, just be sure to do some [re]searching before asking. If you have a question, chances are, it`s been covered before.

Any plans for mods on the car?

I see you`re in NC. Where are you in relation to VA? I`m not familiar with Lenoir.

Neo62381
04-09-2005, 01:51 PM
hi mongooseGA, as far as mods only a few. As far as performance mods, I plan on getting the intake and exaust done sometime within the next couple of years. I also want to get my windows tinted very dark.

Lenoir is about 15 miles NE of Hickory and 50 miles NE of Charlotte, ever been around Hickory?