PDA

View Full Version : New Here & have a ?

kerafaith
12-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey guys. I am new here. Duh. Anywhoo. I have a question about Armor All Leather Wipes. I have them & have used them once on my current car. I have a new car coming in Jan or Feb with leather. I wanted to know what you guys think of this product. Should I throw it out & get something else? If so, what do you recommend? Or am I ok to continue using it?

I have only used it once because I have seat covers & only used it when I took them off to wash them. Also, what about the Armor All Protectant Wipes? I also have Armor All Glass Wipes & Windex Glass Wipes?

And my uncle said something about the leather cleaner from the dealer (Ford). Has anyone used this stuff?

Ok, so that was a few question. But like I said I am new here & really have never fully detailed my car, just cleaned it here & there. But I am looking to clean it really well before I give it back to the dealer and came here looking for some hints. I did a search first but didn`t really find anything. So any help you guys could give me would be appraciated.

Thanks to all. Happy Holidays

imported_Burlyq
12-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I used those leather wipes and my customer complained about steaks. I bought the two Zaino leather products, cleaner and protectant, and I never looked back. If your car and leather are in good condition, you owe it to yourself to try these. Do a search about leather products on Autopia search. Whatever you chose put those wipes down. I like regular amorall protectant, I`d bet the wipes are ok but not the leather ones. If you go to the Zaino website and decide to buy the polish too, (good stuff), make sure you buy the ZFX. Either way many many people think their leather products are the best. If it`s a new car I`d buy one cleaner and two conditioners. It will last you 3 to 5 years, unless you go crazy with it. The nice thing is that it`s a matte finish, it`s not glossy or slippery. There is another good leather product called leatherique, but it can be tricky. You use that particular product backwards, conditioner first then cleaner, to clean off the extra conditioner. It is also very expensive, but is also very good. Buy the Zaino, you wont be dissapointed.

Sorry where are my manners. Welcome to this site, learn some good stuff. learning how to take care of your car is for everyone. The newer products make it so easy and your car will stay like new for years to come. So make sure you come back and learn cool stuff. Put a sealant on your car too, just like your leather, your paint needs protection too.