PDA

View Full Version : Let me see if I have this correct

Pages : [1] 2

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 09:36 PM
I am ordering a PC and a Sonus kit with the three pads.

I just want to make sure I have this correct in my set up.

Wash

Clay

#83 applied with a PC and removed by hand (Can I remove it with the PC?)

Klasse AIO applied and removed by hand

Then wax it by hand

I am not 100% sure whick wax I will use. Right now I have been using a Carnuba wax from Meguires and I like it very much. I am thinking#16 would be good.

If any of you have any suggestions for different products, please let me know. I am also not 100% sure which pads to use for which steps.

I want to get some products that will be able to do many different color cars. My car is titanium silver and my truck is a dark Charcoal color. I detail cars on the side and mainly have been doing darker colored vehicles.

Currently all I usually do is Wash, clay, and wax. I am trying to learn as much as possible about Polishing and that is where I am having the hardest time learning all the steps. Thanks for the help.

q_tip98444
12-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Well I`m kind of a noob with the PC myself, but I would suggest to use 80 instead of just 83. Most people, find that 83 sometimes leaves a "haze" so you might want to follow it up with some 80. But, that is me, so we`ll see what some others have to say about it. Have fun and get some shades ready!:cool:

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah, I have been using #26 as my wax for some time

mtodde
12-27-2004, 09:48 PM
#83 should be fine, but you will probably need something afterward with a polishing pad to remove any marring; I don`t use much Megs so # 80 may be fine. This will be more important on dark colored vehicles. A good paint cleaning lotion like the Sonus, P21S or maybe the Megs Medallion would work. Personally I prefer Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 followed by SSR 1, but have used the Sonus & Pinnacle products with great results too.

You`ll find that it is much easier to work these products with the PC and that you`ll get better results.

AIO is a great chemical cleaner but you`ll find it has very little cut. It applies well either by hand or with a finishing pad. AIO is a great prep for every LSP I can think of.

I`d use a wax like #16, S100 or Natty`s that doesn`t contain a lot of solvents.

***Edit*** #26 should work well also.

mtodde
12-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Check out the tutorials at bettercarcare.com. I think you`ll find them very helpful. Lots of folks start using the PC on their washer & dryer just to get the feel.

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 09:50 PM
LSP??? Sorry, I am still getting used to all the acronyms

mtodde
12-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MaThGr82

LSP??? Sorry, I am still getting used to all the acronyms

Last Step Product/Protectant...basically the carnauba or sealant.

Check out the Decoder Ring link on the Autopia home page for help with all of the acronyms. It has the vast majority of them listed.

Scottwax
12-27-2004, 09:58 PM
If you follow #83 with AIO, then use a polishing pad with AIO. It should be enough to remove any micro marring you may get with DACP...although as long as you work DACP until nearly clear and dry, any marring will be very slight unless you have soft paint.

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
polishing pad means which color in the Sonus Line?

And what color pad would you apply the #83 with?

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 10:08 PM
So maybe I am thinking about doing this instead

Wash

Clay

SSR2.5 applied with Orange pad

SSr1 applied with green pad

AIO applied with blue pad

Wax with #26 by hand

Did I get it right??? I really appreciate all the help. I would just love to have my Charcoal Grey truck shine like some of your vehicles

q_tip98444
12-27-2004, 10:13 PM
That sounds great, you should get an awesome result. I have seen cars in person that had this exact procedure on them, it was stunning. BTW, what kinda truck???

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 10:16 PM
It is a 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71 and my wife drives a 2002 BMW 325Ci in Titanium Silver.

MaThGr82
12-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Do I have the right pads for the right products? Can I use the buffers that come with the Sonus Pad kit to take the SSR`s off or should I do it by hand with a microfiber???

Scottwax
12-27-2004, 10:35 PM

polishing pad means which color in the Sonus Line?

And what color pad would you apply the #83 with?

I don`t know colors. The pads should be labeled on the package. I`d use polishing pads for both products.

q_tip98444
12-27-2004, 10:37 PM

It is a 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71 and my wife drives a 2002 BMW 325Ci in Titanium Silver.

OT: I love that body style chevy, the new ones look kinda strange to me for some reason. Nice choice on both cars. My family had a 98 3er and it was great. I miss that car. :(