PDA

View Full Version : Tricks for preventing windshield ice and fogging....what are they?

imported_fireberd350
12-27-2004, 07:50 AM
I know I`ve read tips to prevent ice from forming on your windows and also to prevent fog from forming inside on your windshield....can anyone help me out?

TIA

mzmtg
12-27-2004, 08:58 AM
I lay a beach towel across my windshield, secured by the front doors and wipers, to prevent frosting. My defogger busts through any ice on the rear window pretty quickly, so I dont bother with a towel back there.

imported_fireberd350
12-27-2004, 09:33 AM
no, i`m thinking of some sort of liquid or polish that people use and it prevents ice from forming at all or makes it slick so the ice wipes off in one sheet.

And there was another tip for preventing fog too, my defroster works fine but if I can avoid the fog then why not ya know!

Eliot Ness
12-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by fireberd350

no, i`m thinking of some sort of liquid or polish that people use and it prevents ice from forming at all or makes it slick so the ice wipes off in one sheet.......

Was it this thread about RainX that you`re thinking about:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48068&highlight=rainx

I like RainX, but I`ve heard very good things about Aquapel also, I plan to pick some up and give it a try fairly soon.