PDA

View Full Version : interior protectant

Dtail
12-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Im looking for an interior protectant that has a satin finish. I used to use meguiars #40 on my black interior. Has anyone used pinnacles vinyl dressing? Right now, I just wipe down my dash, doors and console with a damp MF towel followed with a dry MF to remove dust and particles. Im going to order the pinnacle signature wax soon and if the pinnacle vinyl protectant has that satin look im looking for i`ll just order them at the same time to save some money on shipping.

mtodde
12-26-2004, 05:51 PM
I have not used the Pinnacle but highly recommend the Wolfgang. It leave an extremely matte finish and you can get both from Autogeek. I`m not sure if you were going to get the Signature (my favorite Carnauba BTW) from Pinnacle directly or from Autogeek, PAC, or someone else. I don`t know if Autogeek is still honoring the Autopia discount code, but there are other discounts available for them & Pinnacle - PM me if you need one.

The last time I looked Autopia was not carrying Signature any more.

stilez
12-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Satin: I like Adam`s VRT or 1Z Cockpit Premium.

Scottwax
12-26-2004, 06:43 PM
If you want something that looks similar to #40, you might want to give Armor All (the original shine version) a try. Very similar appearance since AA was reformulated. I switched over to AA because it is a little cheaper than what I pay for #40 at my Meguiars distributor and Pep Boys is a lot closer. ;) Besides, I`m not too crazy about the smell of #40. All my customers really seem to like it but I don`t really care for it. :nixweiss AA has very little noticable odor which I prefer.

mtodde
12-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Satin: I like Adam`s VRT or 1Z Cockpit Premium.

The 1Z TP is a tad shinier than CP, but offers more UV protection and would be another good choice.

Dtail
12-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Im actually looking for something less shinier than #40. I am more looking for something that will protect but keep the satin factory look for my interior.

mtodde
12-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by SLiM003

Im actually looking for something less shinier than #40. I am more looking for something that will protect but keep the satin factory look for my interior.

You`re really after a nice matte finish...that`s what I like for my dash too. My top 2 choices would be Wolfgang & 1Z Cockpit Premium. The CP does not seem to have the UV protection the Wolfgang offers however it does have light cleaners.

I`m interested to hear about the Pinnacle. Hopefully some one that has used it will chime in.

The new Sonus Cockpit product may also be a product to consider.

imported_Burlyq
12-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Armorall gets a bad rap but it`s unfounded. I`ve been using it for fifteen years and the product has protected every car I`ve ever had since then with great results. If you want less shine I use Z10 for my interior dash and paneling. It`s matte finish but as a bonus it makes your car smell like leather for a month. Everone gets in my car and says, man your car still smells new.

Dtail
12-27-2004, 12:02 AM
well, just ordered the signature wax with the pinnacle vinyl protectant. I`ll let you guys know how it looks

beastie
12-27-2004, 12:22 AM
I just recently tried Klasse VLRP. It is even more matte than 303. It dries into a non-oily finish. It`s best feature is its ability to return faded plastic back to original color. It is also a very good cleaner. I tried it on my tires too and so far it`s been durable. Again it has very little sheen, almost to a fault.

petraidm
12-27-2004, 03:53 AM
Poor Boy`s natural look provides a very nice Matte finish on a blue interior.

holland_patrick
12-27-2004, 06:03 AM
I really like the sonus cockpit spray you use VERY little and it leaves a nice finish If i get my wifes car done(which is fithly compared to the Baja) I`ll let you guys know and post some good dash pics.

Pondscum
12-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

If you want something that looks similar to #40, you might want to give Armor All (the original shine version) a try. Very similar appearance since AA was reformulated. I switched over to AA because it is a little cheaper than what I pay for #40 at my Meguiars distributor and Pep Boys is a lot closer. ;) Besides, I`m not too crazy about the smell of #40. All my customers really seem to like it but I don`t really care for it. :nixweiss AA has very little noticable odor which I prefer.

Costco sells AA original for about $10 for two of the large 32oz bottles.