PDA

View Full Version : First day of owning a PC

Pages : [1] 2

LT1Squirrel
12-26-2004, 03:24 PM
i just got my fresh new pc yesterday, opened the box up today cuz i was bored....its been snowing for a couple hours and i have nothing to do and no where to go(car wouldnt get me there anyway:p), so i picked up the PC and started playing on kitchen sink, turned out pretty good, but there were some deep scratches that flitz didnt get out(not even sure if its abrasive)...so i stroll into the garage and whip out some #9 and go to work, with the pc going full steam on 6 it was working good, then all of a sudden, BOOM!.....the pad explodes(OE mind you) and sends shrapnel flying, the big chunk goes wizzing by my head....not too excited at the moment........me=very ****** off:down:mad::angry

LouisanaJeeper
12-26-2004, 03:56 PM
thats why everyone warns that the stock pad is junk

Ed Hartman
12-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah, when I first got my PC it was raining, so I polished the washer n dryer with Klasse. My 2 Kenmores never looked better. Then moved on to my Driver, 3 wood and 5 wood. Ive got the glossiest golf clubs you ever seen.

LT1Squirrel
12-26-2004, 04:11 PM
yeah.....i didnt plan on ordering new pads and a backing plate for a couple weeks at the most, guess i gotta order them earlier now, o well:D

STBear
12-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Been dying to try my new PC. I think I`ll practice on the washer and dryer. Great idea. If the pad holds up I`ll move on to the freezer.

airjames
12-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me couple years ago. The white pad that came with the PC is junk. You can use it once I suppose your not too picky about, but then thereafter it`s junk. I was cleaning the white pad that came with it and and spin drying it on the PC. Sure enough, not even so much as 2 seconds later,,,,big white chunk of pad goes flying across the laundry room and like you, I was pretty steamed.

Save up a few extra coins and buy some good either LC or Megs pad and backing plate. I have a set of all the pads including the cutting which I rarely use, and they have all been great pads. Sorry to hear about your experience, your not the only one that experienced that kinda problem. I`m tempted to write to PC and address the issue,,,,,,,AR

LT1Squirrel
12-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Airborne Ranger

Yep, same thing happened to me couple years ago. The white pad that came with the PC is junk. You can use it once I suppose your not too picky about, but then thereafter it`s junk. I was cleaning the white pad that came with it and and spin drying it on the PC. Sure enough, not even so much as 2 seconds later,,,,big white chunk of pad goes flying across the laundry room and like you, I was pretty steamed.

Save up a few extra coins and buy some good either LC or Megs pad and backing plate. I have a set of all the pads including the cutting which I rarely use, and they have all been great pads. Sorry to hear about your experience, your not the only one that experienced that kinda problem. I`m tempted to write to PC and address the issue,,,,,,,AR

if you do, i would be happy for you to use me as another example:up

MorBid
12-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I`ll add to this thread, since I finally got around to driving over to Lowes today to pick up my $79.99 PC.

As it turns out it started snowing really hard and I asked myself, Y are you buying another polisher when all it`s going to do is sit in the box all winter? I already have a Dewalt 849.

Will definitely not be polishing any household applicances.

I suppose I couild do my old trick of brining the car up to work and using on of the indoor loading docks for some detailing.

Painted my other car that way.

Yup, being a autobody/detailing enthusiast in the winter without a nice heated garage sort of, well sucks.

I need to move

dsheli
12-26-2004, 09:45 PM
What should I use on the Washer ? Klasse AIO? or SFX 2 and 3 polishes? I to would like some practice and well it is **** cold out.

David

ncwlau
12-26-2004, 10:59 PM
http://uploads.offtopic.com/files/DSCN1478.JPG

i had the samething happen to me

i wasnt thrilled cause it coulda hit me in the eye

but i have some sonus pads that`ll do the job

how long do they last?

rrcvc
12-27-2004, 03:40 PM
^^^^****......glad i read this first before using mine.....btw you got owned by OT...lol

awdirtdrifter
12-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Can I use the PC on my stainless steel fridge?

mtodde
12-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by awdirtdrifter

Can I use the PC on my stainless steel fridge?

I`m sure you could, but I wouldn`t recommend it! ;)

An older washer & dryer are nice to practice on, but if I had a brand new Neptune I wouldn`t use it...

An old fender or trunk from the junkyard work nicely too.

racepenut
01-13-2005, 04:13 AM
I wouldnt worry about hurting anything with it. Just start with the least agressive polish you have and you are good to go. Didnt have any problems my first time and I went straight after some severe scratches with 1zpp and the orange sonus "cutting pad." I also had good luck polishing my BBQ with the pc and OEM pad, but that thing is GONE after reading this post, I cant believe it just explodes. That could equal a big law suit for them!!!

cv350
01-13-2005, 06:13 AM
BBQ with the standard white pad (which by all accounts is useless) sounds like a good test bed. I also only received my PC a couple of weeks ago and have been stressing out on what to test it on first. Thanks for the tips.