View Full Version : Pakshak Towels

Lone Gunman
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I will be placing an order with Ranney soon at Pakshak. I have a few questions first, though. I noticed that there were Ultras, Ultra Fines, and Ultra Plush towels. What are the different uses of the types of towels?

Also, I plan to be doing a complete detail on a F-350 four-door (swirl removal, polish, sealant, wax, and interior). How many towels of each kind will I be needing to apply and buff off the products, as well as the clean the interior?

Thanks a lot!

Pats300zx
12-26-2004, 03:39 PM
I have both the Ultra Fine MF`s from Pakshak in white and yellow. The yellows are slightly larger and seem to grab the paint slightly more making them awesome for polish and product removal.

The White Ultras are my go to towel for quick detailing. I have yet to find anything softer.

If you have specific questions Ranney`s customer service is awesome. Give him a shout at info@pakshak.com. I

imported_Burlyq
12-26-2004, 04:13 PM
I use about 3 or 4 MF`s (16 x 16) on a total detail, but add another waffle weave to that if your going to use them for drying.

SilverLexus
12-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Pat is right. The white ultras are really special. All the towels are excellent though.

petraidm
12-27-2004, 04:13 AM
I asked Ranney a similar question; here was his response:

"I think selecting which towel to use is based on personal preference. Here are my personal preferences of each towel.

Ultra towel (All Purpose): Clean glass/windows, Wipe down interior, DACP/SSR2.5 removal

Ultra-Plush towel: QD,Glaze (#80, VM)

Ultra-Plush Plus towel (not available yet): QD,Glaze (#80, VM)

Ultra-Fine towel: QD, Sealant (EX, 4*) removal, Not recommended for glass/windows"

Hope this helps. As for quantity that`s up to you as to how many you think you`ll need before you have a chance to wash them.

EDIT: I did not ask him about the Waffle Weaves