PDA

View Full Version : random orbital buffer /pc

joyriide1113
11-11-2004, 09:52 AM
would any random orbital buffer be the same as a pc one?

cwcad
11-11-2004, 10:26 AM
hey, imo there is only one rob. the pc 7424 that i have has taken me to new vista`s as far as shine. i have used a ten inch from sears and a rechargeable from top of the line(which i am going to give to some one that i do not like) and the pc 7424. take the time to learn how to use the pc and then start buying pads to work with your abilities and your own personal vehicle. my wife does not understand my fascination with the pc. i guess it is more of a obscession. but as i told her.... there are lot of things that i could be obsessing over that are worse than detailing my truck.

usdm
11-11-2004, 10:27 AM
No. Some are better, some are worse. The PC sits right
about in the middle of the pack in terms of cost and value,
with the better orbital machines costing significantly more
money, and the less better machines costing significantly
less.

Big Leegr
11-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Nope.

If you`re referring to something like a Waxmaster or Craftsman 10" ROB then definitely not. Well, maybe kinda similar. They both oscillate as opposed to spin like a rotary buffer. The Porter Cable Dual Action Buffer has adjustable speeds and is more proficient at "massaging" out defects than the ROB. More "professional" results.

There are other companies that make Dual Action buffers similar to Porter Cable. Just not Craftsman, Waxmaster, Turtle Wax etc.

Mark Waldron
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
I`ve owned a pc 7424 for a couple years now and I love the machine. It handles very smoothly and it it very comfortable to use for extended periods of time. I recently purchased the Dewalt DW443 orbital polisher, and can tell after repeated usage, it has alot more power than the pc. I don`t find it to be as comfortable to work with as the pc, but with the increased speed and downward pressure I can apply, it is a much stronger machine than the pc. The price is about the same as the pc and dollar for dollar, I think the Dewalt is a better all around machine for the money. After doing any paint correction with the Dewalt, I always go back to the pc. I just really like the feel of the pc better than the Dewalt.