PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Leather cleaner & conditioner; Cockpit detailer

holland_patrick
12-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Well I got this in the mail the other day.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/19431baja0011-med.jpg

I was overjoyed and happy to recieve the pagage from our friends. Wanting to use this on my wifes truck but mine came first.

First impressions

Leather cleaner- I love to bottles all of them let`s get that out first The cleaner had a Clean smell to it and it was a clear liquid that settled in to the sonus pad (yellow side) quickly there was nothing harsh about it. Now my baja only has 4000 miles so it wasn`t dirty but my wife put a Smelly tree thing on the shifter that stained the lether boot this made short work of it and cleaned it nicely it also did well on the vinyl seats.(half cloth-half vinyl)

Leather conditioner-Man what a smell :scared it`s a milky white liquid that is modertely thick and it has a chemical smell to it but when worked on with the black side of the sonus pad quickly was absorbed buy the lether/vinyl and left a nice sheen to the seat/shifter boot.

The Cockpit detailer- I love this stuff now they say to use the sonus pad again but i found it was too big and went with a simple foam app. this stay moist with product for a long time and i used very little but I got very nice results a nice sheen a mid gloss I would say.

I`ll tell you this the cockpit detailer is going to stay in my stock because of the ease of use and knowing that I only have to deal with the leather seat 4 times a year so I know I`ll be using this again.

So here is the rating

Leather cleaner :xyxthumbs

Leather conditioner:nixweiss

Cockpit detailer:bow

stilez
12-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Sounds like they all work pretty well.

I`d be interested to hear how they work on an older, more soiled vehicle :)

Nikon
12-26-2004, 07:53 PM
The description on the website says that the Cockpit Detailer results in a perfect matt finish. I was encouraged by this description because I have not been able find a dressing that produces a pure matt finish I do not use dressings on my dash.

From your review it looks like my search for the perfect matt finish dressing continues.

stilez
12-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Nikon: Have you tried Poorboy`s Natural Look?

I like a touch of sheen so I have been using 303, Adam`s VRT, and 1Z Cockpit Premium.

MongooseGA
12-26-2004, 10:49 PM
What`s this Sonus pad you used? I haven`t heard of it before.

Axe
12-27-2004, 12:17 PM
for a perfectly flat finish on your cockpit dash you can use this from your local BMW dealer, simply spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber towel.

Original BMW Plastic care emulsion 83 12 9 407 769

It is also fantastic for use on your bumpers keeping them nice and silk matt as they are when new.

Will post an interior pic soon so you can see ...

holland_patrick
12-27-2004, 12:25 PM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/autopia_1823_3227572

Use this one applicator to polish, scrub, wax and apply protectants!

Do you get the feeling hand polishing went the way of the Doh-doh Bird? Not at Sonüs, where hand polishing has been elevated to a new level. The exclusive Sonüs dual-foam combination offers enough oomph to polish paint, yet is gentle enough to enhance a perfect show car finish.

The Sonüs SFX Pro Applicator has a cut/scrub side for light compounding and polishing and a fine finish side for high gloss polishing and applying sealants or waxes. The Sonüs SFX Pro Applicator is a generous 4" by 6", allowing you to cover a lot of area very quickly.

This applicator is not just for polishing. The Sonüs SFX Pro Applicator is our best choice for interior work, too. Use the yellow scrub side to clean your leather and vinyl using Sonüs Leather Cleaner. When your finished cleaning, flip the applicator and use the fine finish side to apply Sonüs Leather Conditioner or Sonüs Total Eclipse.

Pkg/2 4" by 6" applicators. Made in the USA!

mtodde
12-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the pic holland_patrick. That applicator looks interesting. I may have to pick a few up with my next order. I have some similar ones from PAC that are meant for AIO/SG & other sealants.

holland_patrick
12-27-2004, 12:49 PM
No problem