PDA

View Full Version : Look what I got!!!!!!!!

dsheli
12-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Ok, I need a plan of attack. I have some questions about my new stuff. I have the sonus kit which comes with the Blue, Green and Orange pads. I have the Sonus SFX-2 and SFX-3 Polishes. I also have the new Sonus SFX-2 and 3 pads. I think I am going to return them simply and get some other stuff. So what I am planning on doing is Shampooing the car. Claying the car. Then using the Green Pad and SFX-2 polish the car. Then use the blue pad and SFX-3. Then clean the blue pad and apply Klasse AIO. The apply the Klasse Sealent by hand. Do I have it down correct? How do you clean the pad when you are done?

Thanks,

David

P.S. What should the outside temp be when I do all of this?

JasonD
12-23-2004, 06:40 PM
First, welcome to the board. It`s always great to see new members.

Second, congratulations on making your first purchase a good one. You are already one step in the right direction.

Now, everything you are getting ready to do sounds great except for returning the SFX pads. Those pads were designed to compliment the SFX polishes, and you are going to need your extra pads to finish the job. I do not recommend using the same pad for SFX3 as you will with AIO nor do I recommend using the same pads for various polishes in general. First of all, even if you clean it enough it will still be wet and you won`t be able to continue the detail with a wet pad. I recommend using your SFX pads and polishes together and then use the blue pad to apply your AIO and then SG by hand. This should do a great job.

As far as the temps, I don`t know because where I live it rarely gets below 40 degrees. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

dsheli
12-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Ok, that`s a great. Idea. So I will use the SFX-2 and 3 pads with the SFX-2 and 3 polishes. Then the blue for the AIO. O man I can`t wait for it to get warmer. I ment to post a picture of all my stuff but I kept getting errors. I have posted a pic at my moblog.

davidstewart.textamerica.com. The pic is not up yet but it should be soon. Out of everthing that I bought I for got the whool mit!:wall

Thanks Guys,

David

JasonD
12-23-2004, 07:03 PM
That`s no biggie, since you should be able to buy one locally. The Viking brand is a good one and if you can`t find that a good cotton chenille will work too.

You know we have picture hosting here on Autopia. Just go to the Gallery link and upload your pics.

dsheli
12-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Ok, I am a Bimmerfest member and have moved over to these forums for all my detailing needs. Here is a picture of my stuff. http://autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10780

David

JasonD
12-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Lookin good :xyxthumbs

Steve1996LT1
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Cool stuff man.

Reg_Dunlop
12-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Steve1996LT1

Cool stuff man.

Agreed. You picked great products to start out with!

dsheli
12-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Great!!!

Thanks guys. I just got back from a long car trip so I defiantly have some work to do.

David