PDA

View Full Version : Clean a powder coat rims

klnyc
12-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Guys,

How do you clean these gun metal powdered rim? What solven you guys use? I use Dawn with a sponge to wipe it off. But those brake dust in the back gets me. I dont want take a chance, Im afraid those powder coat may come off.

Any tips I greatly appreciated.

JasonD
12-23-2004, 05:45 PM
A non-acid wheel cleaner should do. I like P21S and Automagic but there are a host of others. After you get them clean, you may want to polish them with some AIO and seal with SG to make them easier to clean in the future. Dawn is fine, but after you polish them start using your regular car wash shampoo.

Accumulator
12-25-2004, 12:43 PM
What JDookie said :xyxthumbs I have powdercoated rims on one of the 9C1s and that`s exactly what I did (wheel cleaner, then seal and use shampoo).

klnyc
12-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Can s100 apply on rims :confused:

Okay, I just ordred one p21s and next week im heading down to Harley dealer and geting one of those s100 wax.

eclipsegt05
12-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by klnyc

Can s100 apply on rims :confused:

Okay, I just ordred one p21s and next week im heading down to Harley dealer and geting one of those s100 wax.

I`m sure you can apply it without a problem, but durability will require that you reapply S100 often

LouisanaJeeper
12-25-2004, 01:48 PM
trat it just like the rest of your paint

you can use something like A2Z ocassionally

mtodde
12-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Due to the heat a sealant will give you better durability than a carnauba on wheels. AIO is nice by itself, but with SG added you should enjoy long-term protection. Lots of folks use EX-P and UPP too. I have a test version of a wheel sealant that Poorboy`s should release soon on mine - there are a few pics in the gallery. the nice thing about a sealant is that you can wipe most if not all of the brake dust off with a paper towel.