PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys Spray and Wipe

mike529
11-11-2004, 01:27 AM
I bought a bottle of S&W and used for the first time today. The car was detailed this past saturday so it wasn`t very dirty at all...a light coat of dust.
Had some extra time on my hands and wanted to put another (4th) coat of UPP on my car in prep for the winter coming up. I used the S&W instead of a full wash...good idea? I just didn`t feel like dragging everything out...had reservations but just used caution.
Guess just a long winded way of asking...is S&W a suitable wash before waxing?
Also...I bought the S&W with the upcoming winter in mind. Want to avoid auto washes as much as possible. How dirty of a car can I use this on and still be safe? On a scale of 1-10...go up to 4-5 then move to QEW? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

scottabi
11-11-2004, 04:58 AM
On the scale I guess it depends on how much S&W you want to use on the car before you switch to QEW. I think if you sprayed enough on an extremly dirty car it would still wipe clean but you would have to use a good amount of product. If I had to guess a number from 1-10 before switching to QEW I would say 5 (had to see the median coming didnt ya :D)

And yes S&W is great for washing before waxing.

Poorboy
11-11-2004, 07:52 AM
:yeah

it would depend on how much Spray and Wipe you would be willing to use. If you only have a pint or quart on hand for the winter, then my # would be no higher than 2-3 , if you have a gallon then I would go up to #5, if you are a member of the 5 gallon club:D then you could easily go up to 7-8 ...

As for pre-application of another layer of sealant or wax, Spray and Wipe is the perfect product, as it leaves no residue or gloss enhancers behind to interfere with bonding :bigups

Big Leegr
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
if you are a member of the 5 gallon club:D

Hey-where`s my membership card? :D

scottabi
11-11-2004, 09:38 AM
I have a feeling I am joining this elitist club very soon...

Poorboy
11-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Hey-where`s my membership card? :D

:wait you didn`t get yours:confused: maybe they confiscated it at the border:lmfao :rofl

oh yeah and you need th secret decoder ring too:naughty :rolling

CharlesW
11-11-2004, 09:53 AM
While you are on the 5 gallon subject.
How do you dispense the product?
I buy the gallon jugs and it is easy to pour some into a spray bottle. The 5 gallon might be a different story.

Charles

Poorboy
11-11-2004, 10:00 AM
While you are on the 5 gallon subject.
How do you dispense the product?
I buy the gallon jugs and it is easy to pour some into a spray bottle. The 5 gallon might be a different story.

Charles

the old ones were somewhat difficult, but now we have a square one that comes with a spigot for easy dispensing and can sit nicely on a shelf...;)

awd330
11-11-2004, 10:24 AM
What do you get for joining the multiple 5 gallon pail club? :dunno I just realized that I will be opening my 3rd one very shortly (I split them with my neighbor). I thought that this would be my second pail, but I had forgotten about the older "bucket style" container. I had one of those, and now two of the rectangular containers. :bigscream

CharlesW - The spigot makes things so much easier. I can dispense directly from the 5 gallon pail to a 32 ounce spray bottle without losing a drop. I also recently put about a 1/2 gallon into one of those pressurized lawn chemical sprayers. This makes for a great QEW pre-soak tool. I can cover the entire car with S&W in about 20 seconds. :D

doublel
11-21-2004, 08:21 AM
How does S&W perform in cold temperatures? By that I mean in a garage that might be 30-45 degrees. I have problems with quick detailers in that temperature smearing so I was wondering if S&W would work better in cold temperatures. :huh

Big Leegr
11-21-2004, 08:39 AM
It can freeze, so you wouldn`t want to leave it outside through winter. That said, I find that it works better than a qd when it`s cold outside, as it doesn`t leave anything behind, so there`s less smearing. Also, you`d be better off if the car was warm. Playing with cold metal isn`t my idea of a good time, and it drops the temp of the product quickly too.