PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Leather & Cockpit Care REVIEW

disasnguy
12-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I got in on the Sonus Leather and Cockpit sample kit and these are my first impressions.

Sonüs Leather Cleaner: The cleaner is a thick liquid that has a chemical smell to it. Not quite sure what it reminded me of but it wasn`t too bad. I applied it with the Sonus SFX foam applicated (scrubbing side) and was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a lot more dirt than usual, more than what usually comes out with my woolite mix. I also noticed that it softened my rock hard seats a bit which is a plus. I waited 30 minutes like the instructions said until they were nice and clean and proceded to apply the conditioner.

Sonüs Leather Conditioner: This is a thicker white liquid that had another strange chemical smell. I wasn`t sure what it was but it reminded me of glue or caulking. Normally I`m used to the elk-pee smell of Lexol so this smell was not so bad. I applied the conditionor liberally with the Sonus SFX applicater (soft side). The seats felt slightly softer than it did after the cleanser but not dramatically. It left a matte and non-sticky surface after I buffed it off with a mf towel. This is a plus because with lexol there`s always some stick to it that goes away after a while. With the Sonus Conditioner, the seats were smooth but not slippery enough to slide off the seat. Overall, I was impressed.

Sonüs Cockpit Detailer: I am a PB Natural Look user so I`m not a big fan of blinding vinyl, which is exactly what Sonus Cockpit Detailer offers as well. I applied it with a foam applicator and noticed some dirt on the applicator. Not much but some. It had a pleasant citrus smell to it when I applied it to the dash. After I was finished, the car was left with a clean fresh smell :xyxthumbs The result was a pretty matte surface but was slightly shinier than Natural Look which wasn`t bad at all.

Overall, I was impressed with all three products. I plan on doing a more thorough review later on though. But my favorite was the Cockpit Detailer. It`s a great QD product for the interior that works of vinyl and leather as well. Thanks David!

SilverLexus
12-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I like the Cockpit detailer also. :)